Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by brettxw There is a difference between the two when it comes to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: AT&T vs T-mobile Curve

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    There is a difference between the two when it comes to external. The ATT Titanium is a different color titanium then the TMO Titanium.
    8310 (AT&T)-darker titanium compared to AT&T 8300

8320 (T-Mobile)-Pale Gold-about 2 shades lighter than the Pale Gold Pearl

chromedome no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

So is this why they only sell the 8310 faceplate? I really hope the colors match my 8320

kiloka no está en línea Stack level 1

As a person who has been using the GPS in my ATT curve for some time now I can tell you it is FAR more useful than wifi. If you need hi speed internet that bad get on a computer. I used my gps five times today when we were out shopping in denver. took my a minute to input what I wanted and get directions. GPS is far more of a need than wifi. IMO wifi is a want.

edit*

and remember it is really simple to get an att curve to work on tmo. I just asked for an unlock code from att yesterday and I had the code this afternoon. The ATT curve is working fine on tmo's service.
    Last edited by kiloka; 02-15-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    wifi vs gps, which one would you rather have?
    GPS, but would like to have both.

Curve1023 no está en línea Stack level 2

GPS all the way. if i want fast internet, i get on a computer. cause im fine with the edge speed internet.

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd

I love GPS on my 8310! I recently moved from NY to CT, and I'm not familiar with ANYTHING over here.

I saved my home address to telenav and if I ever get lost I get directions from my current location. Its never steered me wrong yet! I really don't know what I would do without it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Wifi, as this is my only device it is great to have the unlimited minutes with talk forver. Never usualll travel so GPS is not needed. I think the big difference is what service you are using it on, as AT$T people have no need/use for the UMA as it isn't offered, so for them WIFI is for internet only, they have no idea the usefulness that UMA offers for calling (both quality and unlimited minutes allowing it to really replace a home phone), and before everyone starts talking about AT$T call quality over T-Mo, I have no T-Mo in my state, so all of my calling is done roaming on AT$T and the quality is much better on UMA versus GMS.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

AT&T 8300 isn't Titanium ... liquid silver was the color description...
    I've tried them both... and with an unlimited data plan, i find the gps more useful - wifi wasn't much faster (if any) than EDGE for browsing-

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

im agreed. i had the 8320 and when compared to egde with web surfing. you get the fast arrows going in the right corner like its ready to surprise you with a 3 second load of a web page. but edge is right on par with actual performance of wi-fi we browsing. its becuase of the processor in the blackberry. its only 312 mhz so it slows performance down greatly. now if we had this bb god were all waiting to come out with 624mhz processor. and hspda. we would be storming through web browsing.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

GPS works almost everywhere. Wifi just doesn't. not to mention you should read the reviews on how wifi sucks it on the Curve.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle View Post
    GPS works almost everywhere. Wifi just doesn't. not to mention you should read the reviews on how wifi sucks it on the Curve.
    Wifi works great, you just have to use it for what it was developed for. Everyone gets uptight beacause they can't get things for free, and this makes them mad, it was designed to be used with a BB plan and not as a option against getting the BB plan. Realize this and all will be better. As for the GPS, it really sucks down the battery,read that reviews. They both have their pluses and minuses, the problem is that peolpe use it for things that it wasn't intended. Those that pay for things correctly and not try to cheat the system are a lot less critical than those buying it thinking that they can sonething for nothing. The problem is that almost all of BB apps are designed to go through the RIM server proxies ands without the BB plan you can't access it, so you get no service and thus are mad as you can't get something for nothing. The people on Verizon will tell you the same thing about the GPS, as it is locked down by Verizon, so they can't get something for nothing and compain about it, rhe same as those who have the wifi trying to circumvent the system.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Dual-core anyone? haha

No way quads are out now and I want nothing less!!

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Having built-in GPS is NOT important vs WiFi. You can use a $50 bluetooth GPS puck with the WiFI Curve and have the best of both worlds.

It would be cool if there were a bluetooth WiFi transceiver, that way us users of the old vanilla 8300 Curves could use WiFi. Maybe in the next year?

ricky86rich no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    wifi vs gps, which one would you rather have?
    Wifi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast