Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

From BGR. http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...amera-version/... BlackBerry Curve forum

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

AT&T To Get Non Camera 8900

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    AskMe

most likely for people who work in the govit or companies that camera phones arent allowed they still need BlackBerry's without cameras and well the 88xx line is out of wack now

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That would be irrelevant ... The new BES servers cant disable the camera with the click of a button and that is why the Bold has a camera when at first it was supposed to not have one.
    My friend runs the BES for a gvnmt agency and some employees have Bolds and 8900s and he just disables the camera when needed.

you make a great point but there are people who can easily get around that i bet or it could be that some companies camera disabled or not has to not have a camera on it?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Hmm... I thought I saw pics of the upcoming AT&T 8900 with a camera. I don't think RIM can afford to loose so many customers by providing such a device with no camera ; something so basic on all phones nowadays. I call BS. Release Magnum already RIM and get it over with
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Hmm... I thought I saw pics of the upcoming AT&T 8900 with a camera. I don't think RIM can afford to loose so many customers by providing such a device with no camera ; something so basic on all phones nowadays. I call BS. Release Magnum already RIM and get it over with

i second that

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Last time I checked with AT&T business customer service the 8900 they're getting will be 3G as well as having a camera... not sure what this is we're seeing.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    It better have a camera.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    So its going to have 3g wifi and gps at the sacrifice of a camera?
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe they'll make one without a camera (easy to do) just for BES that don't allow them and the rest with cameras. You cannot release that phone to the folks without a camera. That will never sell. I remember one guys' company prying the camera lens right off the pearl with a screwdriver and it looked just fine
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    having AT&T put out an 8900 without a camera would be like selling you a car with no wheels.

Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    That would be irrelevant ... The new BES servers cant disable the camera with the click of a button and that is why the Bold has a camera when at first it was supposed to not have one.
    My friend runs the BES for a gvnmt agency and some employees have Bolds and 8900s and he just disables the camera when needed.

Some companies - TI for example - do not allow any camera phones on their complex for any reason at all. Employees there that have to carry cell phones carry non-camera units. Their security department doesn't care if the unit was assigned by the company or not, if it has a camera it must be turned in at reception or left in the car. The chances of someone slipping a non-bes locked unit are too great in these days where information is sometimes more valuable than the product it represents.

Zo

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah, this is strictly for business....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    Some companies - TI for example - do not allow any camera phones on their complex for any reason at all. Employees there that have to carry cell phones carry non-camera units. Their security department doesn't care if the unit was assigned by the company or not, if it has a camera it must be turned in at reception or left in the car. The chances of someone slipping a non-bes locked unit are too great in these days where information is sometimes more valuable than the product it represents.

Zo
    Fair enough. You make a good point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast