Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by Toddboy71 Without even bothering to get some real-world experience with it? I'd ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Re: AT&T Curve update

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Without even bothering to get some real-world experience with it? I'd at least try it out to understand its pros and cons before making uninformed assumptions about it but YMMV.
    Well I've read the specs, and what it does and does not have are crucial to me.
    1) My corp email can't be pushed because my company won't support it.
    2) no tactile feel of a keyboard, can't deal with it. My Tom tom is aggravating enough.
    3) I'm never going to pay cingy a dime for anything

Pretty cut and dry. I'm sure they'll sell millions, and many people will love it, just not to me.[/quote] Todd, I second that, it might be a great iphone but not great for Wendy.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

The buttons are raised and are much better than the 8800 or 8700 or pearl. I am not paying cingy a dime for it, just at&t. LOL But seriously the feel is the best of the three in my opinion.

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    I felt that way until I got my unlocked 8300 Curve.

Now I feel that way, times 100....

iWhat......
    where did you go to get the 8300 unlocked? i was planning on getting one from 02 if possible...and will it work with tmobile

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I wonder why it is that in not matter what forums I visit, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Palm, etc. that some of the members just love to bad mouth devices other than what they prefer to carry? Even when that device hasn't launched and they haven't even tried it out?

It's like hating hammers because all you need is a shovel... There's nothing wrong with a hammer just because it doesn't fit your needs. And it may become your best friend if you do have to drive a nail now and then.

The point is, why the hatin' on the iPhone? Personally, I love blackberries, am fond of Windows Mobile, and like to play with Symbian and Palm now and then. Why does using one device drive some people to bad mouth everything else? Does it make them feel better about what they are using? Superior? Like, because you choose to use a Blackberry, anyone that would buy an iPhone is a moron? Variety is indeed the spice of life and having different devices that work on different platforms is really a plus for me. Frankly, I don't beleive that ANY one device gives me all the tools I need for work and play. Changes devices around is like having a weekday and weekend wardrobe. You wouldn't want to wear your suit and tie EVERY day of the week would you? :-)

The Blackberry is no iPhone and the iPhone is no Blackberry. I can't see, of all the devices to pick at, why choose the iPhone to beat up? Does it really pose some sort of threat to RIM and make our berries obsolete upon release? No. Then why bad mouth something that will most likely be a great device for what it does. Personally, I will buy one. Am I just another "mindless sheep" because I might purchase a "popluar, mainstream" device? Heck, with that mentallity, I wouldn't own a TV set. EVERYONE has one of THOSE!!

And hey, if I buy one, and the think blows up in my hand, leaving me with a bloody stump and condemned to using my blackberry with my left hand only, then I'll be the first to host a Hate Party for the iPhone. Short of that, it'll probably be a very cool, very fun, and very non-business oriented deivce. :-)

Just my thoughts. Flame away if you feel the need.

Edit: looking back at the posts, is doesn't look like anyone here really flammed the iPhone. Actually most people seem interested in the device. I would remove the post but I put so much thought into it! Sorry for the misdirected rant. Love you guys!
    Last edited by evilhomer; 05-21-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Heh... it actually isn't the best thread to post that in. I do know what you mean though. Some people can't see past their own noses. It's not just bad mouthing other platforms but a general disregard for the fact that not everyone has identical needs/wants that some people have.

On forum sites where you can squelch them that's what I do...

sfingold no está en línea Stack level 2

I have a dumb question, where would one go buy a 02 or vodaphone version of the curve if you live in the US. Does anybody where you can buy one unlocked?

sfingold no está en línea Stack level 2

archer6, where did you purchase your 8300 from, if I may ask? Does anyone know of anybody selling 8300's from o2 or vodaphone here in the US?

ron.wilburn no está en línea Stack level 1

The curve will be released next month. I do not have the date yet but next month is a definate.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ron.wilburn
    The curve will be released next month. I do not have the date yet but next month is a definate.
    When next month, first, middle or end?
    or speculation?

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sfingold
    archer6, where did you purchase your 8300 from, if I may ask? Does anyone know of anybody selling 8300's from o2 or vodaphone here in the US?
    Archer6 got his 8300 from a friend in the UK thru O2 as detailed in this thread: Archer6 8300 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog
    When next month, first, middle or end?
    or speculation?
    BG says that the 8300 may be released by ATT as soon as this Friday 5/25 as commented on in this thread: BG Curve Launch & Comment Thread

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

I don't think the iphone and rim are in the same market to a certain degree. This next release is more of a consumer device, rather than your run of the mill biz user. I think the curve is going to capitalize on the success of the pearl. Its for those users who were scared of suretype, or scarred for life from it. And a chance for new users to see the full capability of a bb once you add multimedia to it. Seeing that the iphone is coming out, and this is there 1st release, they just have to grab an audience of consumers regardless. I think its going to be intresting to see them both do so

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

ok BGR just posted saying they are hinting at a Friday release ... YAY
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

how about this i will buy one from AT&T then have it unlocked for tmo, but where to go unlock it ?

dcla no está en línea Stack level 1

Let me know how that works out. I'm also on T-Mo but don't want to get "bricked"

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by VP
    how about this i will buy one from AT&T then have it unlocked for tmo, but where to go unlock it ?
    Unfortunately you will not be able to buy the phone by itself. Nor will you be able to have the iPhone unlocked.

That is the whole purpose of the AT&T exclusive contract with Apple.

If you want an iPhone then you will have to become an AT&T customer, sign up for a voice plan, text plan, and iPhone data plan. This is what Apple wants. And what Apple wants, Apple gets, including your money.....

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast