Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am pretty much a noob as far as Blackberry's but I just wondered since ... BlackBerry Curve forum

euvi85 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: AT&T Curve OS Now Available

Advertisement

I am pretty much a noob as far as Blackberry's but I just wondered since I got my Blackberry yesterday what is the advantage of downloading this new OS for it?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Just like a computer, you will be running on the most up-to-date OS....since yours is a new OS though you might already be running on this OS

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And so far this is the only Curve Handheld Software Package AT&T has released.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am about to buy a new Curve thru ATT. Will I still need to DL the new OS or will it be loaded?

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

You will have one loaded, however if you want additional themes for it you will either have to download them seperately or do it via OTA.

This is all here primarily to get the most updated OS, to unlock other vendor themes (02, Tmobile, Rogers, etc) Different vendors provide different backgrounds, colors, menus.

If you stick with the At&Ts it comes with the AT&T theme and BB Dimension themes (2 or 3 I think) which are fine. Download new themes works fine.

The only other OS theme I personally like is 02's. Nice and clean.
    Most of the ones you can unlock via the OS aren't that great compared to what people have created.

If you are staying on AT&T, don't worry about messing with the OS, spend your time hunting down a fun theme and ringtones.

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for clearing that up.

my2006rr no está en línea Stack level 1

Hmmm... more stuff to look into tonight

thefuzzay no está en línea Stack level 1

Hrmm..

I just downloaded the new OS for my blackberry curve ( picked it up today )

I installed the desktop software, synced phone first setup up USB connection etc. Disconnected phone.

Got the new OS, downloaded ran the installer. From there I checked the files, deleted the vender.xml file then plugged the phone in and ran the desktop manager.

From there, I was promted to run updates.. Did so.

After it was done, I did not get unlocked theme's or removed PTT.

Was I suppose to run the patch? I didnt think I was being since it was commented for the O2 System only?

Let me know what I need to do to get these features

muck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054A42F

is there chinese language support with this os?

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

thefuzzay: this is the .89 OS(OS version ends in .89) which comes preinstalled on the 8300.
    To remove PTT, u can do so by deleting all files that contain "ptt" after you install the OS on your PC and before you install it on the BB from the java folder
    To get all the themes you need to either edit the right Blackberry.alx file or use the ones in the sticky threads.

muck, I believe there is chinese support.

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey guys... I am having a problem that I hope you can help me with. I have this version of software on my BB, and it seems to work great. However, whenever I go to load any apps, themes, etc.. I get an error message saying ""No additional applications designed for your device were found". Someone told me to download and install my handheld software on my PC, but I am not sure what they are reffering to? I have the most current software and I believe the most current version of Desktop Manager. HELP PLEASE.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

you may have the most current handheld software on your BB, but one of the idiosyncrasies of desktop manager is that you have to have a copy installed on your PC to avoid the "No additional Software . . ." Indication when trying to use the app Loader module.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    you may have the most current handheld software on your BB, but one of the idiosyncrasies of desktop manager is that you have to have a copy installed on your PC to avoid the "No additional Software . . ." Indication when trying to use the app Loader module.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    So how do I fix this?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Use the link in the first post of this thread to find the download. Download the Curve software, the execute the downloaded file. That should get rid of the No Apps indication.

Rcbjr

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ybot
    So all noises (new mail, new SMS and ringers) play through the headset (wired or wireless)?

I am hearing noises for new mail in my headset, but when a call comes in it pauses the music and then plays the ringer through the phone itself. Which doesn't really help me as I use noise-cancelling headphones and am basically deaf to the world. Even though the phone is 3ft from my head.
    i tried it with the wired headset and the phone rings/vibrates (tried with different profiles)...will check bluetooth later...i have the latest vodafone OS. is there something i need to do for me to hear the ringing etc in the head set (wired or unwired)?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast