Hello Everyone, According to the Inventory Manager for the At&T Corporate Stores in the Nashville, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Lightbulb AT&T Curve Inventory Email

Advertisement

Hello Everyone,

According to the Inventory Manager for the At&T Corporate Stores in the Nashville, Tn area via email, the launch date in 5/31 for the corporate stores.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: AT&T Curve Inventory Email

Thanks for the heads up Wendy

mellos no está en línea Stack level 1

okay can someone get some info please on the TMO Curve release date

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by mellos
    okay can someone get some info please on the TMO Curve release date
    The T-Mo launch will be quite a ways out, since AT&T has an exclusive on it. The likelihood of getting any advance info on this is marginal at best. As with AT&T, they are trained to stay quiet about when the release dates are.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Cool news, I'm not holding my breath on this BB. I can wait just a little bit longer. A lot of our 8700's got a 2nd wind with the OS upgrades.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the info Wendy.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

So much confusion with this thing... it's not fair
    BGR is saying hints of Friday 5/25, Wendy says emails are telling the 31st and now a post from engadget says the 13th of June

ATT just tell us when.
    oh well as long as they don't push it off like Microsoft did with Windows for years, or Apple is doing with 10.5 lol
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My source stated that the corporate stores would launch 5/31 per the inventory manager. I was wondering what if was released on the internet May 25th? What do you think? My source has never lead me wrong.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

The real issue surrounding all the "lauch dates" floating around, is that AT&T has a strict policy in place, which clearly states that no information is to be given out at the store level, call center, or any other point of contact with the general public.

What exacerbates the "problem" is when a customer calls into a store, or other point of contact and the person representing AT&T just cannot keep their mouth shut.

99% of these people have no idea whatsoever, yet some of them tell stories, to the customers, in what I think is nothing more than an ego driven response. As though "they are in the know". After being proven wrong when the launch does not occur on the date made up by the rep, then the consumers get angry and make the assumption that the rep does not care, the carrier does not care and is equally clueless. Nothing could be further from the truth. In the mean time what is actually happening behind the scenes, at the appropriate level of managment is quite organized.

Furthermore when users call in asking about a device that has been nothing more than rumors such as the 9xxx, and the consumer gets and honest answer "I never heard of that one" from the rep, then most of the consumers automatically get angry and proclaim that the reps don't know what they are doing, and don't care. In some cases this could not be further from the truth. So the reps are in a lose / lose position when it comes to demands for info on devices which are not out yet.

I hear an especially loud outcry from many forum members about how Cingular always fails to do a proper job of the product launch. Yet nothing could be further from the truth. Cingular does not make the hardware, they cannot release it until it's ready, approved by FCC, they recieve authorization to train their employess, etc. There are many components that go into launching a new product. It's not as easy as so many people seem to perceive. The dynamics are very fluid and subject to change from day to day as the time draws near. This is for more reasons that I will go into here.

The best that we all could do, would be to feel free to speculate amongst each other, but not "assume" the carrier doesn't care of botched the launch when it does occur.

Finally we could also lighten up and not act as though we will run out of oxygen if it's not out by a date that suits us personally.....

Cheers

myBBest2003 no está en línea Stack level 2

Nicely said archer6.

The product will be out eventually. Until then, chill.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    The real issue surrounding all the "lauch dates" floating around, is that AT&T has a strict policy in place, which clearly states that no information is to be given out at the store level, call center, or any other point of contact with the general public.

What exacerbates the "problem" is when a customer calls into a store, or other point of contact and the person representing AT&T just cannot keep their mouth shut.

99% of these people have no idea whatsoever, yet some of them tell stories, to the customers, in what I think is nothing more than an ego driven response. As though "they are in the know". After being proven wrong when the launch does not occur on the date made up by the rep, then the consumers get angry and make the assumption that the rep does not care, the carrier does not care and is equally clueless. Nothing could be further from the truth. In the mean time what is actually happening behind the scenes, at the appropriate level of managment is quite organized.

Furthermore when users call in asking about a device that has been nothing more than rumors such as the 9xxx, and the consumer gets and honest answer "I never heard of that one" from the rep, then most of the consumers automatically get angry and proclaim that the reps don't know what they are doing, and don't care. In some cases this could not be further from the truth. So the reps are in a lose / lose position when it comes to demands for info on devices which are not out yet.

I hear an especially loud outcry from many forum members about how Cingular always fails to do a proper job of the product launch. Yet nothing could be further from the truth. Cingular does not make the hardware, they cannot release it until it's ready, approved by FCC, they recieve authorization to train their employess, etc. There are many components that go into launching a new product. It's not as easy as so many people seem to perceive. The dynamics are very fluid and subject to change from day to day as the time draws near. This is for more reasons that I will go into here.

The best that we all could do, would be to feel free to speculate amongst each other, but not "assume" the carrier doesn't care of botched the launch when it does occur.

Finally we could also lighten up and not act as though we will run out of oxygen if it's not out by a date that suits us personally.....

Cheers
    Archer, I completely agree! I may not run out of O2, but maybe patience! Lol

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    The T-Mo launch will be quite a ways out, since AT&T has an exclusive on it. The likelihood of getting any advance info on this is marginal at best. As with AT&T, they are trained to stay quiet about when the release dates are.
    Att appaently got exclusive of every single blackberry for the next 5 years in the US. Tmo is just shooting air balls at the baskets.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I haven't heard that one.. wow
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Att appaently got exclusive of every single blackberry for the next 5 years in the US. Tmo is just shooting air balls at the baskets.
    Do you have a source for this?

Rcbjr

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Do you have a source for this?

Rcbjr
    Oh no.... I wasn't saying that what it was. I was being sarcastic. In the last 6 months. Cing has release the 8800, red pearl soon to be the 8300 and the 8820 wifi. If the 83000 is cheaper than the 8800 in tmo. Than tmo will start bleeding customers