It's launched. Makes no sense, they should've launched the 8900, but oh well. http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=1935... BlackBerry Curve forum

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3

AT&T 8320 Now Available

Advertisement

It's launched. Makes no sense, they should've launched the 8900, but oh well.

http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=1935

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the announcement. It's still a good Curve, even if it's not close to the latest device. I still have my unlocked one as a backup line and for wi-fi.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Rogers also released this a short while before the 8900 as well so that it can have the "talkspot".

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Thanks for the announcement. It's still a good Curve, even if it's not close to the latest device. I still have my unlocked one as a backup line and for wi-fi.
    NP, and I agree. We have one as a backup as well. But I just think it's kind of pointless for AT&T to release the 8320 with the 8900 coming soon. Seems like a waste of time and money, but what do I know. lol.

Maybe they had a contract to buy a bunch of them and have to go through with previous plans. Who knows? Maybe they'll have a big sale on 8320's after the 8900 comes out.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I am guessing, since there was absolutely no mention of it and at&t doesn't support it anyway, that UMA has been removed from the OS for at&t.

Zo

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Did AT&T even support UMA in the first place?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Not yet. UMA was, and is, a T-mobile thing. Don't know if they will have an equivalent or not.