A few days ago, a 8310 attached to a BES server that I manage had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SubnetMask no está en línea Stack level 1

AT&T 8310 Message issues

Advertisement

A few days ago, a 8310 attached to a BES server that I manage had all the messages dissapear from it with the exception of a few random ones. I wiped and re-activated it, and when it re activated, none of the messages that came through since the messages dissapeared synced over (every time I've re-activated a wiped BB, all the previous messages have synced over), nor did the ones prior. Near as I can tell, there's no way to get messages that where forwarded in the past back onto the phone, wether they dissapeared because they where removed from the handheld by the user or they just dissapeared, but assuming the reason the messages dissapeared was a memory issue (memory free after they dissapeared was about 4.5MB, after the wipe, removing the help files and demo vid, and changing the media settings, it now has about 16MB free), upon reactivation, the messages since then SHOULD have synced back over... The handheld is running v4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30), which according to AT&T is the latest. Anyone have any ideas? It would be nice if there was an option to re-forward all forwarded messages, or all messages in the last X months or SOMETHING.

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    login to your BES Manager and on the left select your BES server. click on the Server Configuration Tab, then Edit Properties, and click Messaging. What do you have for the settings for Message prepopulation?

If its default you will get the previous 5 days or 200 messages. 14 days and/or 750 messages is the maximum. For prepop messages to work you need to remove the account from the BES, wipe the blackberry, add the user back to the BES and activate again.
    www.bbenriched.com - Unlocks and Parts

SubnetMask no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BBEnriched View Post
    login to your BES Manager and on the left select your BES server. click on the Server Configuration Tab, then Edit Properties, and click Messaging. What do you have for the settings for Message prepopulation?

If its default you will get the previous 5 days or 200 messages. 14 days and/or 750 messages is the maximum. For prepop messages to work you need to remove the account from the BES, wipe the blackberry, add the user back to the BES and activate again.
    It was set to 5/200. I've increased it, but that doesn't matter for this user. Any ideas why the messages forwarded from the time all the messages disapeared up to when I wiped the handheld didn't re-sync (not even one day prior)?