Is there a way to assign an app to a shortcut key. Like assigning google ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DaveL no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245BB1E5

Assign app to shortcut key

Advertisement

Is there a way to assign an app to a shortcut key. Like assigning google maps to key G since it doesn't have a shortcut now. I would settle if I could assign an app to a speed-dial if I can't assign it as a shortcut.

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Nope. If you are using the 8700, you get the front key and the side key and that's it.
    I'm trying to do this "blog" thing and write (or cut and paste) something meaningful a few times a week. Anyway, check it out and read, learn, argue with me, or agree with me, all right HERE .

PIN/ID
    245BB1E5
    Bummer - that would be a GREAT Hack for someone to work on!!! Thanks for verifying that.

PIN/ID
    245BB1E5
    OH CRAP - I didn't change my device in my profile. I have a curve 8310 now -- sorry!!

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    No problem, same thing applies, only with the left and right side keys.
    I'm trying to do this "blog" thing and write (or cut and paste) something meaningful a few times a week. Anyway, check it out and read, learn, argue with me, or agree with me, all right HERE .

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't know if this is useful to you, but there is an app called LaunchPad. Once installed, you click on the icon, and it opens with a number of convenience keys: tasks, notes, camera, browser, calendar, contacts--with the option to edit/add your own programs.

Here's a link, if you want to check it out: http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/p...e.asp?id=19028. It's not free, but less than five dollars is, in my opinion, reasonable.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    If you have "dial from home screen" disabled, many apps have their own shortcuts. The G key is assigned to Google Talk already. And sadly GoogleMaps does not have a shortcut, but you can assign it to a side convenience key.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~