I just deleted ~1GB of music in the SD card, preparing to replace it with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

PeterM1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Artist/album info doesn't refresh?

Advertisement

I just deleted ~1GB of music in the SD card, preparing to replace it with a different collection. However, the artist and album info of the deleted music still shows up under "Media", I can browse all the way to the individual delete albums which (predictably) show no files inside.

Is there a way to force a refresh to the current list of artists/albums only?

thanks

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Artist/album info doesn't refresh?

try reformatting the card

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is probably because the "bbthumbs.dat" files weren't deleted. Did you delete using the device or PC?

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto

This is probably because the "bbthumbs.dat" files weren't deleted. Did you delete using the device or PC?
    I deleted them through media manager on a PC. Where is bbthumbs.dat stored?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Connect your BlackBerry in Mass Storage Mode so that the media card shows up as a disk drive in Windows Explorer. Then use Windows Explorer to navigate to the BlackBerry\music directory and delete BBThumbs.dat. The file is marked Hidden, so you'll need to set Windows Explorer to view hidden files to see it (Tools --> Folder Options --> View tab, select Show hidden files and folders radio button).

If you don't have Mass Storage Mode enabled on your BlackBerry, go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card. Set Mass Storage Mode Support to On, and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to either Prompt or Yes.

If you have a password on your device, you'll need to enter it on the device before Mass Storage Mode will start.
    JerryD

Enabling mass storage mode is unfortunately out of the question, it's disabled (enterprise policy). Is there another way (other than reformating) to refresh artist/album info?

TIA

tb3
    tb3 no está en línea Stack level 1

I deleted every "BBThumbs.dat" file on the device and all of the phantom artists and albums were still there. Reformatting doesn't work, I did it yesterday. What finally worked, and I don't know if it relates to bbthumbs deletion or not, is to hard reset the unit. Turn it off, remove the battery for a minute and then put the battery back in. Once it finishes the reboot, you only have the artists and albums that are actually in the unit.

OK - So

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~and this is just on the normal preloaded media player. I started having that problem just recently and all I did was once I reloaded the music was a reset alt+right caps key+del. And it reset everything for me. Try that.

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

You might need to run a MP3 Tagging program to make sure all of the MP3 files have their ID tags filled out with the artist name, album info, track info, album photo, etc.

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd

For a mp3 tagging program I suggest using media monkey. It uses amazon.com to look up artist info including artwork. Plus you can edit tracks manually.