Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by raton Well, i believe they stopped selling xp. you'd only find vista. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Well, i believe they stopped selling xp. you'd only find vista. Thank god i have a backup for xp
    Lucky for you that you have a backup. I'm jealous. Vista is gonna suck!

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Linux PC

Updating by BB on Windows because I didnt find a satisfactory Linux sync solution yet...

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I will agree. BB are way easier to back-up, restore, update, etc. On a PC.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think that vista will be fine when they realease another service pack for it. They already have service pack one released, so who knows?

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Also, RIM should make a computer. How many of you here would like a BB Computer?

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Are you using Vista, Dallas.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    No, but I have used vista before. One without sp1 and one with SP1 and there is a difference.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~There is? That's comforting.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Vista should definitely be taken outta the market. My company does not want to upgrade to it because of its many bugs when installing hardware and adding software which in most cases are not compatible. I remember my friend had to go through hell trying to install a usb mouse....(a flippin' usb mouse?) c'mon! If that's the case I would go as far as having to downgrade my pc to win2k now that was a pretty stable OS. The best pc OS to date IMO

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    vista isnt as sticky as its made out to be. All the notifications can be turned off in one way or another, and a lot of the hardware difficulty is a user issue (like not checking for compatibility/ not knowing whether they have 32 bit or 64 bit; an issue that occurs with both mac and windows since the processor switch). Sure its not perfect, but I think its overall more pleasant than most other versions of windows.

Another reason it gets bashed, i think, is because people don't like learning new techniques of doing things or having to look in different ways. It one of the main reasons many windows users will say "mac sucks" or that mac users will say "I hate windows".

I can deal with either. To be honest, Mac has its own issues (the mysterious HD script filling issue comes to mind in particular). That was fun. I'd be working on a project for class and all of a sudden I get a message that im almost out of space. Heart attack inducing? yes. Fact is they dont always "just work".

On the same note windows isnt as simple to pick up. On the other side however, my grandma can use a windows easy, but macs are vague and confusing to her.

MartyS no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hiitsmikee View Post
    pc , macs confuse me to much with the single click mouse thing
    ACtually, I double click my MacBook mouse... and there's even a right click feature on it, just like on my PC.

STarted on an Apple ][ in 1977, was Mac all the way until 1995 when I had to get a PC for business based software, and am working my way back to Mac, waiting for my Windows Desktop machine to really p*ss me off so I can replace it with a Mac.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyS View Post
    ACtually, I double click my MacBook mouse... and there's even a right click feature on it, just like on my PC.

STarted on an Apple ][ in 1977, was Mac all the way until 1995 when I had to get a PC for business based software, and am working my way back to Mac, waiting for my Windows Desktop machine to really p*ss me off so I can replace it with a Mac.
    Marty, you are right my friend. You hold control and click. I don't know if you've ever seen that mac picture of the Mac Hands? Its a picture of two hands. The left hand has 8 fingers and the right has 2. Because of all the useful keyboard shortcuts.

Wilfred no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2138A139
    I use Windows for work so is what I know best. Mac is strong but not as widespread, so I'm bizwindows user.

If I could choose and everythign was the same with same applications, I will be a BSD user.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am on Mac

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM
    I'm a PC user at the moment, Its what I own. Although I enjoy using MAC, it is the tool for guys in advertising, marketing world I guess.. love Mac's..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast