Hey stackers, so I've got my 8900 here giving me an error msg saying something ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570

Are U Serious? An Error Msg!

Advertisement

Hey stackers, so I've got my 8900 here giving me an error msg saying something like Uncaught Exception error net.rim.api.system then object error exception some nonsense like that. Now this is the first time it happened to me I wasn't able to get rid of it without doing a battery pull. It wouldn't let me do anything by pushing buttons so BP was only options. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but just putting it out there. Hope this doesn't continue, I don't want a replacement. Phone has nothing wrong with it, no water or anything it just popped up out of nowhere.
    "People always say, your always on that Blackberry"...
    Like Tees? Check Out: Punkk Society Clothing
    www.punkksociety.bigcartel.com

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    This error is from one of your applications or themes. Have you installed something recently or added a new theme?

The battery pull resolves most issues though so has it happened more than once or again since the battery pull?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    It has happened once more since the battery pull. I haven't installed any other new apps only apps I have are PS launcher, MySpace, Weather Eye, and Twitterberry. I've had all of those prior to the error msg. Thanks for your help, any other sugg?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Delete the latest installed application and then see if you get the error message again. If so, delete one of the other apps to continue ruling out the app error issue.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Will try it, thanks! I will post results later.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I believe the MySpace App was giving people some trouble....not sure it was the Curve though....
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 02-02-2009 at 03:14 AM.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    I believe the MySpace App was giving people some trouble....not sure it was the Curve though....
    Also you might see if the event log has any errors(alt lglg)...Other than above mentioned thats odd..You updated to .133 yet?

The MySpace app IS a error..Thing doesn't work worth a flip, wont update upon a new message or comment, or anything like its supposed to. My verdict es..JUNK

PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Still getting this error msg after deleting my last downloaded app. I haven't downloaded anything else since my last post in this thread. I have v 1.1.114 should I update? I may uninstall MySpace and reinstall it again. Thanks everyone!

~via smartphone~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It could be caused by apps as well as themes. You might consider looking at that as well. If you are comfortable updating your Operating System I would do that as well.

PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I don't have any themes. I will try updating my OS if it still does it after I re-install my apps its going back and I will get a new one. Its annoying as crap.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Welcome to Blackberry
    Greg
    in Jax, FL