Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I currently use an 8700 moedel blackberry and my contract is up w/ T-Mobile. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jjones614 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D2F4C7

Are my hands too big for the 8300?

Advertisement

I currently use an 8700 moedel blackberry and my contract is up w/ T-Mobile. I was waiting for the Curve to come out on T-Mobile, but I am afriad that it may be too small for my hands. I was at the AT&T store over the weekend and I picked up the Curve that was on display; the keyboard is too small for my fingers; I may go with the 8800.
    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by jjones614; 09-03-2007 at 11:50 PM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Are my hands too big for the 8300?

Hi jjones614 and Welcome to PinStack. The 8700 you had is definitely a bigger device than the Curve.
    Your post is a little confusing though as you said you picked up a Curve and it was too small but may go with the 8300, both are the same device. Perhaps you meant to say a different device? Just checkin
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    23D2F4C7

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    Hi jjones614 and Welcome to PinStack. The 8700 you had is definitely a bigger device than the Curve.
    Your post is a little confusing though as you said you picked up a Curve and it was too small but may go with the 8300, both are the same device. Perhaps you meant to say a different device? Just checkin
    Sorry, I meant the 8800!

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jjones614
    I currently use an 8700 moedel blackberry and my contract is up w/ T-Mobile. I was waiting for the Curve to come out on T-Mobile, but I am afriad that it may be too small for my hands. I was at the AT&T store over the weekend and I picked up the Curve that was on display; the keyboard is too small for my fingers; I may go with the 8800.
    What do you guys think?
    The Curve keyboard is better engineered and is much easier than the 8800 even though the 8800 is a little bigger in overall size. I had the 8800 and like the curve keyboard better.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

Sorry, I meant the 8800!
    You wrote 8800, Lavagirl must have forgot her contacts today.

OOPPSS see correction below.
    Last edited by Dream Rider; 09-04-2007 at 05:01 PM.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

But then again, the 8800 has it's keys right next to each other versus the curve, which has space between the keys.
    Did you try typing on both? I'm not sure which would be easier for larger hands. I do notice I bump the trackball on my curve sometimes when typing y's and t's.

PIN/ID
    23D2F4C7

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    But then again, the 8800 has it's keys right next to each other versus the curve, which has space between the keys.
    Did you try typing on both? I'm not sure which would be easier for larger hands. I do notice I bump the trackball on my curve sometimes when typing y's and t's.
    The 8800 was easier for me to type on/with, but the camera on the Curve has me by the "nads!" Oh, decisions, decisions!

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Try typing on both... Don't get to hung up on the camera unless you just want to capture a moment here and there. It's not going to replace a stand alone camera with image stabilityand higher resolution.

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I tried both devices for a while in the store and found the curve keyboard easier to use, even though smaller. I think the ergonomics on it are better... but ultimately its a personal choice and bigger fingers may be an issue for some. Just do a good trial in store...

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2

What do you guys think?
    I had the same thought, I have big hands to! But it worked out pretty well! I use the top corners of my thumbs to type works out good!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Rider
    You wrote 8800, Lavagirl must have forgot her contacts today.
    No Dreamrider, he went in and edited it. He posted 8300 twice, trust me I saw it. But thanks
    for checking on my eyes.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by jjones614 : 1 Hour Ago at 04:50 PM.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

M219 no está en línea Stack level 1

My boyfriend is 6'4 300 lbs and has sausage fingers. He has an 8800 and does fine typing but says he likes my curve keyboard better.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

I also moved from 8700 to 8300... I've had it for about a week now...

Im still adjusting to the new layout....

The keys one the edges are difficult/annoying but I think that's partly because I have the seidio case on the phone...

I hope u realize that the 8700 has a faster processor... I miss it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    No Dreamrider, he went in and edited it. He posted 8300 twice, trust me I saw it. But thanks
    for checking on my eyes.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by jjones614 : 1 Hour Ago at 04:50 PM.
    I see the edit now that you mention it. I'm just messin' with ya. But then I mess with everyone.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

I was wrong to say its a slower processor... Jus checked my facts and they're the same... Curve feels slower though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast