Hi all, I'm starting my own small business and would like to use a preloaded ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mwreffle no está en línea Stack level 1

Are Blackberry preloaded pictures copyrighted?

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I'm starting my own small business and would like to use a preloaded wallpaper picture as my logo. Does anyone know if these pictures are copyrighted or am I free to use it for my business?

They have a copyright and should not be used - -

BTW Welcome to Pinstack!

Thanks, Mark. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but i did need to know. BTW, how do you know that they're copyrighted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mwreffle View Post
    Thanks, Mark. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but i did need to know. BTW, how do you know that they're copyrighted?
    Open the folder that the pictures are in - in the thumbnail views, you see a little padlock up in the upper right corner. That means they are copyrighted, and the device won't allow you to send or copy.

The picture I want to use does not have a padlock and I have been able to both copy and send it. Actually, I set it as my wallpaper a couple of months ago, and now it is not even available as a preload. could this one (which is an illustration) not be copyrighted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mwreffle View Post
    The picture I want to use does not have a padlock and I have been able to both copy and send it. Actually, I set it as my wallpaper a couple of months ago, and now it is not even available as a preload. could this one (which is an illustration) not be copyrighted?
    If it has no padlock, and you are able to copy it and send it, it's not copyrighted or the owner of the copyright is allowing it to be distributed freely. However, somebody snapped the picture in question and they may be surprised to see it as a logo. I would try to find the author and let him/her/it know what your intent is, even as just a professional courtesy. Curious, what type of business are you starting?