Hi - I have a BB Curve 8300, have had it for over 1 year. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Appointments (DIary) Notification issues

Advertisement

Hi - I have a BB Curve 8300, have had it for over 1 year. A friend has had a Curve 8320 for 1 month. We both have the same problem:

The handset alarm fails to sound or vibrate when an appointment in the Calendar function is due. We have tried setting the BB to ensure that notifications are given but it seems to make little difference. The weird thing is that occasionally, of its own accord, notifications are given. This seems weird.

Anybody had the same issues and know how to fix them ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    it could depend on your profile setting. make sure in your profile(the one your running at the time of the alarm) is set correctly. there is a setting for alarm.yours could be set to silent or none.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had this issue - I was on BES with GMail setup up also - I had to delete service book "gmail [CICAL]" and all was well after that. DO NOT delete your BES xxx [CICAL] service book entry!
    OB - 8310 AT&T

Thanks Catstide - I have done this already (a few times) - doesn't seem to have sorted it out.

Ohbarnes - thanks. Intrigued by your response, but I am not techy enough to interpret what you mean. Could you decipher in layman's language ? Many thanks.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Go into your profiles, roll down to advanced. Go to your current profile, click the menu button and choose edit. Go into calendar make sure the top option for in and out of holster is set to tone and make sure you have a tone set and not set to mute.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Many thanks DCookSta - I have done this, but I think your advice is spot on. If it doesn't work, obviously I have a software problem. Best, Osprey