Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to see if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mfoote no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242C9AF0

Applications running

Advertisement

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to see if I have excessive applications running on my phone. If I try to use the actual phone the thing reboots itself. Then it will not stay on unless I have it plugged into a charger. This would seem like a power issue to me since it works fine if it is plugged in. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Badges we don't need no stinking badges.

sdbryan no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you hold down Alt and then press the back arrow (next to the Red home key) it should show you your running applications. It works similar to ALT+TAB in Windows. You should be able to tell what's running on the phone.

But your problem sounds much more like a hardware than a software issue to me. Maybe take it into one of your provider's retail stores and see if you can't swap batteries just to test it out?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    to check what apps are running in the background, click the menu key, select switch applications, normally has to be only browser,phone, messages, and homescreen, if you have any weather app you should see it there too, any twitter application if any....
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds more like a loose/bad battery than an app problem.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

mfoote no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242C9AF0
    Thanks everyone I was thinking it was a hardware issue as well but it the retail store they told me to upgrade to OS 4.7.0 which is coming out soon. Then the guy at the store tried to sell me a new case and didn't know BB had a sleep function needless to say his creditabily to trouble shoot my phone came into serious question at that point. I knew the stackers would be able to help though.
    Badges we don't need no stinking badges.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If he told you that OS 4.7 was coming for your curve he didn't know what he was talking about either Sadly the forums are usually much better help than the reps.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4