I am attempting to reload the OS for an 8320 this morning and have been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask

App loader won't recognize OS for 8320

Advertisement

I am attempting to reload the OS for an 8320 this morning and have been having problems with the app loader recognizing that I have a 4.2.2.180 T-mobile on my computer. I was thinking that its because I have been having problems with my DM 4.6 recognizing devices so I went back to 4.3 and it still doesn't recognize it. I then removed the vendor.xml and it still doesn't want to read it. Any help would be appreciated. The phone is functioning and DM does recognize the pin.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    try uninstalling you rold OS's (keep the .exe just in case)
    adn then try re-loading everything.
    that should fix the issue
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

that helped for me I don't know why there was a conflict but after I removed the new OS I was trying to install and then re-loaded it it seemed to go through.

I think there may have been a hiccup in the original loading of the OS on my computer, so re-loading fixed that.
    hope this helps
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Like luciferseamus said, remove previous OS's before installing new OS. Delete vendor file, plug in your BB and open DM.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Noob, are you simply trying to downgrade your device? If so, get the 4.5.0.55 OS (and any others that are there, per Lucifer's suggestion) off the PC, leaving just the OS you want to load.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, now that we're all in agreement...... LOL!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks for your help guys. This is my users device so I'm not planning on doing any upgrades on their OS only having problems with the device itself. After installing and uninstalling twice it finally went through. All 3 times I removed the vendor.xml just in case it would give me problems and it must have been something during the download that has caused the OS to not be recognized through the apploader. ITs all good now!

Awesome.
    Glad to hear it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~