Hi all, Since upgrading to 4.5.0.55 on my att 8310 my app launches have been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s-one no está en línea Stack level 2

App launch slower on 4.5.0.55

Advertisement

Hi all,

Since upgrading to 4.5.0.55 on my att 8310 my app launches have been much slower. For example Instamapper would only take a second load in 4.2. Now it takes 14 seconds. Is there something I could do to speed things up without downgrading my firmware? This also happens with other apps but not sure if this only isolated to third party. Perhaps unstalling and reinstalling the apps may help?

Thanks,
    s-one

domesticated no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine is slower as well. I don't mind... as long as I don't get those darn errors anymore.

tintillo no está en línea Stack level 1
    s-one, are you using a beta? There are different reports about performance based on the 4.5 beta you are using. There is no official release so far, hope that performance is not downgraded once the final/alpha version is out.

Quote Originally Posted by tintillo View Post
    s-one, are you using a beta? There are different reports about performance based on the 4.5 beta you are using. There is no official release so far, hope that performance is not downgraded once the final/alpha version is out.
    Hi tintillo,

No, I'm using the Official 4.5.0.55 build 81 release which is discussed here. Hmm, I think I should post this on that thread too.

Thanks domesticated, kind of a bummer.

Well it turns out the problem was related to 4.5.0.55. Possibly as a memory leak. I therefore upgrade to a higher version and everything is fine now. Apps run as normal.

dingdong901 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just upgraded my 8310 to v. 4.5.0.55, so far so good, no problems with phone so far.

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    Quote Originally Posted by s-one View Post
    Hi all,

Since upgrading to 4.5.0.55 on my att 8310 my app launches have been much slower. For example Instamapper would only take a second load in 4.2. Now it takes 14 seconds. Is there something I could do to speed things up without downgrading my firmware? This also happens with other apps but not sure if this only isolated to third party. Perhaps unstalling and reinstalling the apps may help?

Thanks,
    s-one
    S-one did you delete the unused languages the take up a lot of memory and speed the 4.5.055 up alot im running the same version and i have no problems with speed and apps.
    Duval_Happine$$**