Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I may have goofed something. I sure hope you can help. Here is the scenario: ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jacksn no está en línea Stack level 1

App Error 523 (???)

Advertisement

I may have goofed something. I sure hope you can help. Here is the scenario:
    I upgraded to 4.5.0.52 last night while I was running the "Surreal" theme. The upgrade went perfect and I was up and running with no issues that anyone had complained about, (note: it loaded now with the default T-mobile theme though) and it also, had resolved my UMA/Bluetooth interference issue which was now running great. LIFE COULD NOT BE BETTER, right?!! Well, under themes I noticed the "Surreal" theme was still listed, but it would not give me a preview thumbnail- but all the others would. I moved on, and loaded some other themes including a couple of the new 4.5 themes. I went thru about 3 or 4 and settled on 1, then decided a 1/2 hour ago to change back to "Surreal". That's when I think I "Bricked" my unit!! (!OMG!). Right as it was seemingly done with the change over to the "Surreal" theme, I got the "WSOD" (White screen of death) with "reset" highlighted and above it saying: "App Error 523". When I choose reset, it just goes thru the reboot with the "hourglass" (The "Surreal" themes looking icon) then back to that same screen saying "App Error 523". It never loads!
    What do I do from here? Can you save me man!!?? !!SOS!! !!SOS!! !!SOS!!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The Surreal theme is not compatible with 4.5, you will have to reload your OS.

See here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ht=523+surreal

Jacksn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    The Surreal theme is not compatible with 4.5, you will have to reload your OS.

See here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ht=523+surreal
    Thank you. It looks like that might be my only solution...

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Jackson, You wont believe it but I did the same thing you did. Exactly to a frickin T!!!!!!!!!! I just downloaded the newer 4.5 and then i went to download the change to the surreal theme and boom! im in a loop. Now the real question is is can i survive without my phone til tomorrow morning? I did the updat on my work PC and now im screwed!!!!! Thank you so much for your help too Ben MArvin.
    Gyros anyone?

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    What Are The Effen Odds!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?
    Gyros anyone?

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am on my 3rd curve 8320 since the 4th of July because of the deadly app error 523 nothing I did would save my curve. I bought a cheap samsung as a backup phone. I was without my curve this last time for a whole week

mykeandme no está en línea Stack level 2
    LOL!!! I also did the exact same thing and had to do a reload of the OS. Surreal theme and everything! I have found that alot of programs and themes will no longer work with the new OS, but trying to use the Surreal theme is the only item that bricked my BlackBerry. Hopefully other people will learn from us.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I want to make sure i did this correctly. After plugging my BB back in to my computer I used the application loader in the desktop manager and unchecked the surreal them and while it loaded it said "deleting surreal" then I had the error once more with the option to reset. So i reset it and presto-my phone is all good! Is this proper way to do it or did i do it wrong?
    Gyros anyone?

geekprincess no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

I did the exact same thing as Jacksn...but I cannot get my Desktop Manager software to even recognize that my BB is plugged into the computer...so if I cannot get it to recognize that, how can I remove the Surreal theme and fix the OS?

The BB is stuck on the white screen and says App Error 523, and underneath a button that says reset. When I press it, it resets it and goes right back to the same screen. I have taken the battery out as well and that did nothing for me.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~plug the phone into the computer and while it is plugged reset it. While ots reseting you'll have, like, a 60 second window to use the application loader. Find the surreal theme and delete it from your phone. Once that goes through do a bat pull. That should fix. That's what I had to do.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dklimah View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~plug the phone into the computer and while it is plugged reset it. While ots reseting you'll have, like, a 60 second window to use the application loader. Find the surreal theme and delete it from your phone. Once that goes through do a bat pull. That should fix. That's what I had to do.

Thank you for your help...this did work...kind of. I did get into the DM app loader. However it will not let me uncheck the box next to Surreal at all! (or stargazor, for that matter). It would let me uncheck other themes, so I tried to uninstall a couple of others I had on there. It ran thru the process like it was working, but now it is stuck on the "Task in Progress" window that says "Connecting to device". The BB itself screen is back to the white screen with the app error message.

Also, what is "bat pull"?

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by geekprincess View Post
    Thank you for your help...this did work...kind of. I did get into the DM app loader. However it will not let me uncheck the box next to Surreal at all! (or stargazor, for that matter). It would let me uncheck other themes, so I tried to uninstall a couple of others I had on there. It ran thru the process like it was working, but now it is stuck on the "Task in Progress" window that says "Connecting to device". The BB itself screen is back to the white screen with the app error message.

Also, what is "bat pull"?
    Bat pull=battery pull=take the battery out and put it back in.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try it again. Go faster lol!!!

Ok, I was able to restore my phone using this: JL Cmder (it won't let me post the link here, but I found it in the blackberryforums, post 122727)

I did not do a wipe, I did option 5, reset to factory. I thought it would take me back down to OS 4.2, but it appears to still be using OS 4.5! Everything seems to be back to normal, it just reset me to the tmo default theme. I just went into DM and tried to uninstall the Surreal theme, but it still will not let me! I will def not try to use it again, but I would really like to get it off of my BB now! Looks like I'm gonna have to re-do my settings, alarm, etc, but I can handle that. My phone book is still there, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by dklimah View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try it again. Go faster lol!!!
    LOL you are funny! Yea I was probably too slow...i had to type in the password which is like 20 numbers long, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast