Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by sbrown712 I just encountered the 523 error on the girlfriend's 8320. It ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sbrown712 View Post
    I just encountered the 523 error on the girlfriend's 8320. It was because of the surreal theme. Wish I had seen or read this thread first. Followed the instructions in the OP and all is good now.
    Clarify one thing that may sound stupid, on the OP instructions it said to remove battery and plug into USB cable. It doesn't say to put battery back in, you do have to do that or nothing will work. Yea, I know because I didn't put the battery back.

I'll edit that. Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad the OP helped you!

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityPlayer View Post
    I just encountered that same error on my BB8310. So i searched for it and found this topic in the forums.

It helped me out, and i wish to thank you for your assistance in this process. it's a good job i did a full back up first, cos after it finished, everything was gone.
    Happy to hear it got you up and running again!

--
    dj flyy
    dj flyy

xxooxx0307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have looked for help on other threads & none seem to help i have the same error & ive gotten it many times so im used to reloading the os so i didnt panic this time but when i do dm tells me that there's no software available for my device & so does app loader

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Check this thread for the reason you get the No Apps error, No Additional Apps Found for Your Device

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Jordan.Holst no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3216F9E5

same issue on att...

Quote Originally Posted by dj flyy View Post
    Hi All-

For anyone on T-Mobile running the 8320 w/ v4.2.2.171, you may run into a problem when re-booting the device.

How will you know?

A white screen will appear, with texting in the middle reading "APP ERROR 523" and the option to reset underneath it. If you have the same problem I did, no matter how many times you hit the reset button, it will return to the error screen.

The CS rep that I spoke to told me to plug the phone in to DM and restore the operating system. It may recognize the device in Connection Settings, but not the main screen of DM. (If so, continue on reading!)

*Be sure to install the newest software update: http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/

Remove the battery from the phone, and plug it back into the computer w/ USB. Right click the "START" at the bottom toolbar, and go to "Explore". Make your way down the left and click Program Files. Go to "Common Files" and go to "Research In Motion", then open "AppLoader". Once that folder opens, Double-click "Loader.exe"...

Run through the proper steps in Application Loader, and when the process on the computer's end is done, insert the battery again.

It may take 5-20 minutes for the phone to get back up and running again, and once it does be sure to re-send any service books.

Hope none of you run into the problems I had today!

dj flyy
    i'm on att (8300) and i just loaded the 4.5 os from the att/blackberry site (supposedly they support it) but as soon as i clicked on a previous theme that i love (surreal) i got the app error 523. so sad.... here i am desperatly trying to get my phone up and running again and i have to wake up in 3 hours.... hope this works, so far so good. DM won't recognize phone but AppLoader is doing a fine job so far.....

Jordan.Holst no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3216F9E5

I lied

the application loader is stuck on step two,"wait for device initialization" it says its trying to reconnect to JVM. ... i don't know what to do at this point....the phone just keeps turning on and going through the startup and then it starts over again, never turning on all the way... i get stuck with "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." this is crap.i'm way to tired for this
    Last edited by Jordan.Holst; 01-15-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: it was easier than replying again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123