Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimndbk View Post
    I started getting this error after OTAing a theme that everybody has been looking for on the Curve. Once I deleted the theme (and reloaded the OS) I don't get the error anymore. Hope somebody can figure out what is causing it, I would really like to have the theme back.
    My original problem that started this thread was caused by a ota iberry theme install. Coincidence?

alexisrae no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: "App Error 523"

ok, here's my problem. please help me someone!! I have an 8300 curve, it's on a 4.2.2.166 os. for some reason certain themes (not all of them, including cherries) after I have downloaded them, either ota or through desktop manager put my phone in that error 523, but first before it goes there, the theme will not go all the way back to "zen format"(that's all i use), it stays in a "dimension icon" like spot then goes to the error. I actually completely wiped my phone with jl cmdr and resinstalled the os and it still does this. Like i said, it's just certain themes, but from trustworthy sources, I had a pearl before this phone and have used these themes and never had this problem. any suggestions?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by alexisrae View Post
    ok, here's my problem. please help me someone!! I have an 8300 curve, it's on a 4.2.2.166 os. for some reason certain themes (not all of them, including cherries) after I have downloaded them, either ota or through desktop manager put my phone in that error 523, but first before it goes there, the theme will not go all the way back to "zen format"(that's all i use), it stays in a "dimension icon" like spot then goes to the error. I actually completely wiped my phone with jl cmdr and resinstalled the os and it still does this. Like i said, it's just certain themes, but from trustworthy sources, I had a pearl before this phone and have used these themes and never had this problem. any suggestions?
    If the themes were written for the Pearl they are not going to work on the curve. When the content developer makes the the they put it in a specific format. Pearl themes for pearls curve themes for curves.

No, I know that. they are "curve themes"

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Where did you get the themes? can you post a link?

here's the deal, I can download a theme made by steven at *********.com, i can download a theme by cherrie, I can download any themes made by sierras mom. However, if I try to download any body elses, included oz's themes, ***** themes, and mobil 41 themes they do what i described above. I have to immediately go into options and delete the theme.

dsnyder no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: "App Error 523"

I believe that it's caused by the b-phone theme, I have 3 curves (83200, Tested it on a unused curve w/ only factory install and it happened 2 times in 3 weeks ( didn't even use the phone after install) the others w/o the theme and a ton of things done to it no longer have the issues of error 523. The theme works like a charm on my 8700 though

**********Forgot about this, I installed the b-phone themes on a friends 8310 about 45 days ago and he has yet to see any problems..***********

hmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by dsnyder; 11-30-2007 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Forgot about this

trungiie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435444A
    is there really any reason behind this app error? because mine was farely new with no installed applications except what came with it and i came across this. its fixed now but im just curious as to why???

lyramire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    257f46e8
    Quote Originally Posted by dj flyy View Post
    Hi All-

For anyone on T-Mobile running the 8320 w/ v4.2.2.171, you may run into a problem when re-booting the device.

How will you know?

A white screen will appear, with texting in the middle reading "APP ERROR 523" and the option to reset underneath it. If you have the same problem I did, no matter how many times you hit the reset button, it will return to the error screen.

The CS rep that I spoke to told me to plug the phone in to DM and restore the operating system. It may recognize the device in Connection Settings, but not the main screen of DM. (If so, continue on reading!)

*Be sure to install the newest software update: http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/

Remove the battery from the phone, and plug it back into the computer w/ USB. Right click the "START" at the bottom toolbar, and go to "Explore". Make your way down the left and click Program Files. Go to "Common Files" and go to "Research In Motion", then open "AppLoader". Once that folder opens, Double-click "Loader.exe"...

Run through the proper steps in Application Loader, and when the process on the computer's end is done, insert the battery again.

It may take 5-20 minutes for the phone to get back up and running again, and once it does be sure to re-send any service books.

Hope none of you run into the problems I had today!

dj flyy

I have a tmo 8320, just got it monday, I downloaded the 4.5 OS on it, everything was working fine until I opened the surreal theme that I downloaded on monday, once I opened it, I got the white screen with the App Error 523, it is a permanent screen, ive reset it many times, no results, Im currently doing what he said to do above, it seems to be loading fine, Tmobile is going to replace my bb for another one, but I would still like to know how long i would go before getting the darn white screen again... when I removed the sim, the phone didnt come back on for about an hour the led just flashed red then when I put it on the charger, thats when it finally came on, to the white screen... this is really annoying

Update,
    after trying to do what was said above this is the message I got "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

And nothing happened , I guess my new bb wasnt new after all....
    Last edited by lyramire; 07-23-2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: No results

PIN/ID
    244ac444
    Quote Originally Posted by lyramire View Post
    I have a tmo 8320, just got it monday, I downloaded the 4.5 OS on it, everything was working fine until I opened the surreal theme that I downloaded on monday, once I opened it, I got the white screen with the App Error 523, it is a permanent screen, ive reset it many times, no results, Im currently doing what he said to do above, it seems to be loading fine, Tmobile is going to replace my bb for another one, but I would still like to know how long i would go before getting the darn white screen again... when I removed the sim, the phone didnt come back on for about an hour the led just flashed red then when I put it on the charger, thats when it finally came on, to the white screen... this is really annoying

Update,
    after trying to do what was said above this is the message I got "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

And nothing happened , I guess my new bb wasnt new after all....

a lot of us TMO people w/ 8320s have been having problems with OS 4.5

technically TMO does not support it, and I had many issues with rebooting. I downgraded to 4.2, however in the most recent Operating System thread (visible on the home pinstack.com screen) by Hayden, users have highlighted ways around this issue.

Hope that helps, or you're situated with your device!
    dj flyy

mwjamison no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Thank you dj - instructions helped with the App Error 523

You were right on the money dj. I followed your instructions and connected my BB 8320 Curve to my laptop and to the Desktop Manager. Right away it recognized my BB, I logged into my system and into the DM with my BB pin via my laptop. It recognized I needed some update and did it's thing in 3 minutes or less and everything if fine again. I had received it earlier tonight 11/4 (Election night of all times), as I was trying to get to a CNN mobile video. It took a very long time to load and the next thing I saw was the error screen. Again, thank you so much for your assistance.

PIN/ID
    244ac444
    Quote Originally Posted by mwjamison View Post
    You were right on the money dj. I followed your instructions and connected my BB 8320 Curve to my laptop and to the Desktop Manager. Right away it recognized my BB, I logged into my system and into the DM with my BB pin via my laptop. It recognized I needed some update and did it's thing in 3 minutes or less and everything if fine again. I had received it earlier tonight 11/4 (Election night of all times), as I was trying to get to a CNN mobile video. It took a very long time to load and the next thing I saw was the error screen. Again, thank you so much for your assistance.

mwjamison,

i'm glad to hear this thread is still helping people out!

happy stacking,

--
    dj flyy
    dj flyy

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just encountered the 523 error on the girlfriend's 8320. It was because of the surreal theme. Wish I had seen or read this thread first. Followed the instructions in the OP and all is good now.
    Clarify one thing that may sound stupid, on the OP instructions it said to remove battery and plug into USB cable. It doesn't say to put battery back in, you do have to do that or nothing will work. Yea, I know because I didn't put the battery back.
    pin: 2488CO6E
    Member of the East Coast Night Owl Club

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

App Error 523

I just encountered that same error on my BB8310. So i searched for it and found this topic in the forums.

It helped me out, and i wish to thank you for your assistance in this process. it's a good job i did a full back up first, cos after it finished, everything was gone.
    Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast