Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi All- For anyone on T-Mobile running the 8320 w/ v4.2.2.171, you may run into ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

Lightbulb "App Error 523"

Advertisement

Hi All-

For anyone on T-Mobile running the 8320 w/ v4.2.2.171, you may run into a problem when re-booting the device.

How will you know?

A white screen will appear, with texting in the middle reading "APP ERROR 523" and the option to reset underneath it. If you have the same problem I did, no matter how many times you hit the reset button, it will return to the error screen.

The CS rep that I spoke to told me to plug the phone in to DM and restore the operating system. It may recognize the device in Connection Settings, but not the main screen of DM. (If so, continue on reading!)

*Be sure to install the newest software update: http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/

Remove the battery from the phone, and plug it back into the computer w/ USB. Right click the "START" at the bottom toolbar, and go to "Explore". Make your way down the left and click Program Files. Go to "Common Files" and go to "Research In Motion", then open "AppLoader". Once that folder opens, Double-click "Loader.exe"...

Run through the proper steps in Application Loader, and when the process on the computer's end is done, insert the battery again.

It may take 5-20 minutes for the phone to get back up and running again, and once it does be sure to re-send any service books.

Hope none of you run into the problems I had today!

dj flyy
    dj flyy

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: "App Error 523"

wow! that's a new one dj! haven't heard of any new 8320 users getting the 523 yet...

did you install anything new on it in the past day or so?

PIN/ID
    244ac444

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    wow! that's a new one dj! haven't heard of any new 8320 users getting the 523 yet...

did you install anything new on it in the past day or so?
    i'll admit i OTA'd an iPhone theme

but that's all. deleted it right after i put it on.
    dj flyy

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd

So how do you like your curve? I just got my gold one, finally.
    Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

PIN/ID
    244ac444

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian
    So how do you like your curve? I just got my gold one, finally.
    Aside this little dance with danger, I love it.

I'm coming from an 8100, and I'm still getting used to the full QWERTY keybaord. I think the Wi-Fi is a great option, though to admit it, I think I still use the data connection even when I'm home just because I'm too lazy to swap it to wifi.

The only thing i'd change i think is upgrading internal memory... there's a thread about it somewhere but the 64mb could easily be 256mb if not more - the technology is there!

How do you like yours? Is it your first device?
    dj flyy

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

he dj...you dont have to swap bewteen edge and wifi...just set your prefernce to Wifi..and when you get home the phone will automatically use that signal

PIN/ID
    244ac444
    Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence
    he dj...you don't have to swap between edge and wifi...just set your preference to Wifi..and when you get home the phone will automatically use that signal

So under my network settings, it says wifi preferred. In the browser options, what browser should I have it set on? Internet or Wi-Fi?

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

i just got the 523... :-( phone is endlessly restarting... this has been a bad day for me with tmo...
    I'm a born again Androider

PIN/ID
    244ac444

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    i just got the 523... :-( phone is endlessly restarting... this has been a bad day for me with tmo...

was just out a dinner, reached for the phone and App 523 was back.

lordy lordy
    dj flyy

jjaustin77 no está en línea Stack level 1

I got this yesterday on the 8310 during my upgrade to the latest OS. At the same time, I tried to install the OS, remove the PTT.cod file, unlock the other themes, and add the bPhone theme located here: http://rogersmj.com/tech/blackberry/bphone/ . When I did, I got a 507 error, the BB kept going, and then I got the same 523 error. I freaked, but clicked the the reset, and it continued the install. When it finished, I removed the theme, and then re-installed it. Since then, no problems. I don't know if it is because I just removed the PTT.cod without modifying the .alx file, or if it was the OS, or that theme. Like I said, to many variables at once. My device has been fine since though. So maybe that will give you a bit of hope. Best of luck!

-JJ

PIN/ID
    ATA

dj flyy -- gotta reload the OS

PIN/ID
    244ac444

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post

did following my directions work for you?

i just had no problem fixing my phone because of my own directions..

how'd it all work out?
    dj flyy

LHansenZip21 no está en línea Stack level 1

PLEASE HELP! I keep getting App 523 Error and hitting reset and it just keeps going back to that. I dont get what people are talking about on here about resetting the OS (what does that even mean?!) I am not technologically inclined and need step by step help on this! I have t-mobile if that helps, but I am about to go crazy without having a phone all day!:cry:

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by LHansenZip21 View Post
    PLEASE HELP! I keep getting App 523 Error and hitting reset and it just keeps going back to that. I dont get what people are talking about on here about resetting the OS (what does that even mean?!) I am not technologically inclined and need step by step help on this! I have t-mobile if that helps, but I am about to go crazy without having a phone all day!:cry:
    did you follow the steps in the original post?

also try
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

welcome to pinstack

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

I started getting this error after OTAing a theme that everybody has been looking for on the Curve. Once I deleted the theme (and reloaded the OS) I don't get the error anymore. Hope somebody can figure out what is causing it, I would really like to have the theme back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast