can anyone help my wifes fone was white this morning with error app error 523 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rob1969 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question app error 523

Advertisement

can anyone help my wifes fone was white this morning with error app error 523
    i have htc leo and dont know about bb

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Rob,

I see you've been a member for awhile. Sorry you're having trouble with your wife's device. Unfortunately we're going to need to reload the software onto the device.

I'd suggest you first download a utility application called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) from here. You can then use this app to both completely wipe the device as well as reload the OS.

You'll also need to download and install the latest OS for the device from your carrier. You can also find the OS here on PinStack. Once you've done that, you can just use BBSAK to load the OS and hopefully you'll be good to go, but post back here if you have any questions or need further assistance.

You can use these instructions as a guideline for installing the OS.

MRLZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    Learned something new! I always thought that app error 523 was due to an application that wasn't fully compatible / a buggy app. When I had a storm and the 8900 weather eye was always buggy and rebooting my BB with that error. After I deleted the app it was fine.

True enough, MRLZ. That would be a good place to start, if you can narrow down the app in question. Another thing that's pretty easy to do with the BBSAK utility. If you know the app, simply delete the .cod file with BBSAK.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You can also use crackutil to get rid of that pesky application and avoid total os reload.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?