Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by grannygt My phone locked up and has message reading: Reload Software: 552. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

exene no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21d984e7

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by grannygt View Post
    My phone locked up and has message reading: Reload Software: 552. Have only had the phone 3 months and ATT can't tell me how to get the phone back on to move my info to the new phone they sent me.
    When I plug the try my DM to trans date, it shows disconnected. I need help baddddd.
    Even though it shows disconnected can you go to options and select connections the scroll to usb. Does it say your PIN there.

grannygt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, it does show my pin there.

I read somewhere that I should delete all the apps from the new phone before I try to trans programs to the new phone. My web browser history, address book and text/email messages are on the new phone but none of the themes or other applications would trans.

PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    I read somewhere that I should delete all the apps from the new phone before I try to trans programs to the new phone. My web browser history, address book and text/email messages are on the new phone but none of the themes or other applications would trans.
    Oh. I forgot you had a different app error. I came across a bunch of threads here with info about different error codes. So you're trying to transfer data from your old phone to your new phone?

I guess I will forget about trying to trans the info from the old phone and use the new one that I received from ATT. I just didn't want to lose money on the programs that I purchased.

I received a new phone because the old one had error code 552 on it. But now I can't trans info to the new phone because the DM shows disconnected. The PIN still shows up but when I try to trans it will not let me.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    With the app error 552 if I am thinking right you will have to reinstall the OS. You won't get your apps back but if you don't have to return the device it will at least give you a backup. As far as paid apps just contact the vendor and they will usually help you out. I will research the 552 and get back to you. Just haven't dealt with error codes in a while.

PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    I received a new phone because the old one had error code 552 on it. But now I can't trans info to the new phone because the DM shows disconnected. The PIN still shows up but when I try to trans it will not let me.
    Try to transfer anyway even if it shows disconnected. Just highlight the part I told you about earlier where it shows the usb pin
    Or do a back up.

Thank you both very much. Apparently ATT feels it is a hopeless case because they have sent me 2 new 8900 in the last week. I tried to explain that I couldn't trans info and they said it could be the new phone they sent me and turned around and sent me another one. (LOL) I will just start over and watch downloads from now on. I haven't even taken the last 8900 out of the box becasuse the 2nd works, just can't trans info from the old one.

PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    Thank you both very much. Apparently ATT feels it is a hopeless case because they have sent me 2 new 8900 in the last week. I tried to explain that I couldn't trans info and they said it could be the new phone they sent me and turned around and sent me another one. (LOL) I will just start over and watch downloads from now on. I haven't even taken the last 8900 out of the box becasuse the 2nd works, just can't trans info from the old one.
    Sorry I couldn't help out more. I've only recently dealt with my first error code and it drove me insane for a day. I totally understand your frustration. I'm putting my kid to sleep right now but after that I'll hop on my pc and post those links with more detailed info on stuff you might be able to do. Maybe a workaround or even sometrhing you haven't tried yet. I love my 8900 and I almost went into cardiac arrest when I got that error code. Lol.

PIN/ID
    21d984e7
    Okay here is one of the main ones that helped me out... How to connect...

And here is one that directly links to Blackberry Knowledge base Articles.. KB Links

Here is this one that I didn't try but came across right now... Blackberry Master Control

And I was almost going to try this but I revived my beloved on my last try before I was going to go for it....LOL... Umm, I just thought about it and I not sure I can post links to other websites... it's a program called "CrackUtil" without the quotes and it looks pretty promising..

Hope this helps you out a bit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12