Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey, I might be coming back to blackberry since Ive sold my pearl 6 months ... BlackBerry Curve forum

solo118 no está en línea Stack level 2

AOL mail delay? And EDGE Question.......

Advertisement

Hey,
    I might be coming back to blackberry since Ive sold my pearl 6 months ago and had a blackjack since.

I am VERY interested in the curve it looks like an awesome device.... BUT have 2 questions

How is the EDGE speed with the Bberrys browser if I compare it to the BJs 3g through internet explorer? Some say that the BJ might be slow since the phone as a whole is slow and a Bberry might be about the same speed on edge... is this accurate? If not is everybody satisfied with their browser (in html ) and broswer speed?

Now the most important, AOL mail..... I will only be using 2 mail accounts both being AOL I would be setting up a BIS since I have no use for BES but how long is the delay to get to the blackberry? Im pretty used to the 15 minute delay on my blackjack but a friend of mine is saying AOL takes an hour to get to a blackberry!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: AOL mail delay? And EDGE Question.......

what made you u change your mind about the BJ?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

I don't know how the internet speed is but getting my AOL mail is slower than my other accounts but rarely over 15 minutes.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Yes, AOL is always delay, that's why I use Gmail and Yahoo. I don't know the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by jgirly2
    what made you u change your mind about the BJ?
    It just got a little long in the tooth, Its either the curve or the iphone as far as ATT pdas go, And I think the curve is the way to go

So on average you guys would say a 15 minute delay for aol mail using BIS? I am used to that on my blackjack so it should be good enough for me.... I would forward all emails to a XXX@myblackberry.com address but I guess the replies would not be from my AOL account

abgopm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3014E94A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can set up the replies to look like they are coming from your aol account through BIS.

Sox1918_2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by solo118

How is the EDGE speed with the Bberrys browser if I compare it to the BJs 3g through internet explorer? Some say that the BJ might be slow since the phone as a whole is slow and a Bberry might be about the same speed on edge... is this accurate? If not is everybody satisfied with their browser (in html ) and broswer speed?
    For what it's worth, I feel the browser speed is somewhat slow. I am new to Blackberry/smartphones in general and new to AT&T having left Verizon specifically to get the Curve. I guess I've had a broadband connection for so long at home that I had assumed cellular networks were just as fast.....just my ignorance on how they work.

That said, I absolutely love this phone in light of the fact that I find browsing slow. I find I am more productive and like the fact that I can maintain one set of contacts and calendars and sync between Outlook and the BB. No different that my 8 year old Palm Pilot - but add a phone, wireless email sync, a camera, etc, etc and this is one fine tool (or "toy" as my wife calls it!)

As for the BJ, I did entertain that idea for a while but the reviews on battery life scared me away. Is it really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sox1918_2004
    For what it's worth, I feel the browser speed is somewhat slow. I am new to Blackberry/smartphones in general and new to AT&T having left Verizon specifically to get the Curve. I guess I've had a broadband connection for so long at home that I had assumed cellular networks were just as fast.....just my ignorance on how they work.

That said, I absolutely love this phone in light of the fact that I find browsing slow. I find I am more productive and like the fact that I can maintain one set of contacts and calendars and sync between Outlook and the BB. No different that my 8 year old Palm Pilot - but add a phone, wireless email sync, a camera, etc, etc and this is one fine tool (or "toy" as my wife calls it!)

As for the BJ, I did entertain that idea for a while but the reviews on battery life scared me away. Is it really that bad?
    Terrible battery life unless you pop in the extended battery which is included in the package. All in all it was a great phone, Just time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by abgopm
    You can set up the replies to look like they are coming from your aol account through BIS.
    I would love to know how to do this if you can provide any info. I greatly appreciate it!

abgopm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3014E94A

When you setup your email for blackberry (either from your pc or blackberry) you will see you can enter a reply to address in which you could put your aol email. You can also make your signature here as well, but only if you log on from a pc.

Quote Originally Posted by abgopm
    When you setup your email for blackberry (either from your pc or blackberry) you will see you can enter a reply to address in which you could put your aol email. You can also make your signature here as well, but only if you log on from a pc.
    Thanks friend!
    Anyone else have any comments in regards to EDGE speeds? I might pull the trigger tonight since there is an ATT store near me

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

there is a somehwat delay but rarely 15 minutes its usually like 5 mins for me
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Sox1918_2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by solo118
    Thanks friend!
    Anyone else have any comments in regards to EDGE speeds? I might pull the trigger tonight since there is an ATT store near me
    Solo - do let us know what you decided.....and if you pulled the trigger, advise on what you think of EDGE's speed. I'm curious since I am the only one who responded to that specific question.

Mike

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i personally know 4 people who switched from the blackjack to the curve and everyone of them said it was the best move ever. the blackjack was constantly freezing up on all of them. the email was horrible. all around the cuve and blackberry is better then any windows mobile device. ats a fact not an opinion.

About to pull the trigger, ATT is just trying to get my upgrade eligibility active. They made a mistake and when I bought my BJ at full price they placed it as an upgrade so I had to revert that... Will let you know when it comes in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast