I was just curious if any of you removed the plastic cover for the keyboard/screen? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

Anyone with a Otterbox case for the 83XX

Advertisement

I was just curious if any of you removed the plastic cover for the keyboard/screen? If so does the phone still fit tight in there or does it move around a little? Thanks

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Anyone with a Otterbox case for the 83XX

I have one and don't use the plastic cover. It seems to fit just fine with out it.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

It still fits snug without.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by NOID View Post
    I was just curious if any of you removed the plastic cover for the keyboard/screen? If so does the phone still fit tight in there or does it move around a little? Thanks
    I use the OtterBox on both my 8310 and 8820 and am curious as to why you would want to remove the plastic cover? I have no problem with camera or any of the other functions.
    Does not the plastic cover help to keep out the dust that was the problem with the 8300?
    Again just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    I use the OtterBox on both my 8310 and 8820 and am curious as to why you would want to remove the plastic cover? I have no problem with camera or any of the other functions.
    Does not the plastic cover help to keep out the dust that was the problem with the 8300?
    Again just wondering?
    The worst place for dust to get in on the 8300 is from the side buttons/openings which the plastic cover doesn't cover anyway, but are protected by the case either way. I personally don't like the cover. It definitely affects picture quality on my curve and is very difficult to get smoothed out completely over the screen. I've put a BSE full body skin on mine instead of the included cover and it still fits great inside the casing.

Gadget_Guy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    251F6CEF

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    The worst place for dust to get in on the 8300 is from the side buttons/openings which the plastic cover doesn't cover anyway, but are protected by the case either way. I personally don't like the cover. It definitely affects picture quality on my curve and is very difficult to get smoothed out completely over the screen. I've put a BSE full body skin on mine instead of the included cover and it still fits great inside the casing.

Can you explain the BSE full body skin you speak of?

I LOVE my otterbox but am not all that pleased with the keyboard/screen protector.

This full body skin sounds promising if it works with the otterbox.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget_Guy View Post
    Can you explain the BSE full body skin you speak of?

I LOVE my otterbox but am not all that pleased with the keyboard/screen protector.

This full body skin sounds promising if it works with the otterbox.

D.
    Sure here is the link to their site: http://www.bestskinsever.com
    It looks like you have the 8700r, so here is a direct link to their skin for it: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...700c-or/Detail

Since I have a Curve I can't speak to if it would work with a 8700 Otterbox case, but I'm guessing it will since the BSE skin fits snugger than the skin shipped with the Otterbox.

They call it the Total Body Skin, which could be sort of misleading, as it doesn't cover the keyboard. That's fine with me because my otterbox skin always pops up over the keys and makes pressing them awkward. The only advantage of the otterbox skin would be if you dropped it in water or snow or something. I actually did test putting the Otterbox skin over the top of the BSE skin and then putting the case on (for when I went snowboarding), which I did manage to get on, but it was really tight and the Otterbox skin was difficult to peel back off afterward and tried to pull the BSE skin off with it... so I wouldn't recommend that .

The BSE skin also has a hole for the camera and flash so it doesn't interfere with those. I love it because you can't even tell it's there unless you look really closely. It's a great skin and lots of stackers swear by it.
    Last edited by bonebox; 02-05-2008 at 06:41 PM.

PIN/ID
    251F6CEF

THANKS!

I actually have a 8310 now..... I forgot to update my profile.

D.

PIN/ID
    251F6CEF

Just placed my order.

Went for the 3 package deal to save on shipping.

I am looking forward to these protectors. Thanks for the tip!

D.

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

This will be my 3rd different case. I really have a hard time deciding on a case.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Bonebox, Is the body skin difficult to apply? Do you have to work many bubbles out of it? I use an Otterbox w/o the underlying skin. I'd like to try another product in it's place, but don't want to take on a big headache trying to apply it. Thanks! Lis

Quote Originally Posted by potthoff View Post
    Bonebox, Is the body skin difficult to apply? Do you have to work many bubbles out of it? I use an Otterbox w/o the underlying skin. I'd like to try another product in it's place, but don't want to take on a big headache trying to apply it. Thanks! Lis
    Potthoff,

Honestly, I would say it was a little frustrating the first time I tried it because I wasn't sure what I was doing, but subsequent attempts were much easier. Some people say it's very easy for them, so I think it just depends on the person. I think my problem was that I'm a perfectionist so it has to be positioned exactly right or it bothers me. Just follow the directions on their website and you should be fine. There aren't nearly as many bubbles to work out with the BSE skin as there are with the Otterbox skin. It does have a few, but they're really easy to get out.

Also another thought, if you always have your Otterbox case on your phone you only really need the BSE screen protector (which is probably the easiest part of the skin to apply), since the Otterbox covers the other parts of the phone that would be covered by the rest of the BSE total body skin. You can buy just the screen protector from them for a couple bucks less than the total body skin. I take mine out of the Otterbox though occasionally so the BSE total body skin is nice to have for the extra scratch protection while it's out.