Hello everyone, Has anyone upgraded their SIM card before (without migrating their plan)? I am ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ir_dizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone upgraded SIM card from AT&T "blue" to new AT&T?

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

Has anyone upgraded their SIM card before (without migrating their plan)?

I am currently an AT&T blue customer and am considering upgrading my SIM to the new AT&T SIM (from eBay). My old SIM seems like it is going to break and I was planning on just buying a new SIM... I do not want to migrate to the new AT&T because my old plan has better rates...

Does anyone know if this will work for me and if so, have any idea on how to do the process??

Thanks

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Ive got new sim cards from att and never was made to get a new plan or upgrade, hope that helps.

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I made the switch from Old Blue to New Blue. Skipped the Orange inbetween lol. My old plan was amazing.

I kept getting new phones and they worked fine for years with the old SIM. Then all of a sudden, I would stop getting txt and GPRS wouldn't work. I would keep having to do hard resets on my phones and resync and reinstall everything. What a pain. I finally gave in and upgraded to the 3G Nokia N75. The phone was crap but the service was good again on my other phones. Then I upgraded to the Curve and haven't looked at another phone since.

I think if you are getting new BB service they will require an update to your SIM.

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sorry...to actually answer your question, they made me migrate when I asked for a new SIM claiming the old SIM wasn't going to be compatible with system upgrades soon. I'm sure it was a lie but I caved.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I still got my cingular sim card lol

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by ir_dizzle View Post
    Hello everyone,

Has anyone upgraded their SIM card before (without migrating their plan)?

I am currently an AT&T blue customer and am considering upgrading my SIM to the new AT&T SIM (from eBay). My old SIM seems like it is going to break and I was planning on just buying a new SIM... I do not want to migrate to the new AT&T because my old plan has better rates...

Does anyone know if this will work for me and if so, have any idea on how to do the process??

Thanks
    I've been with AT&T like forever, and as far as I know, your SIM is somewhat more or less dependent on the types of phones you have, example: if you have a 3G phone using a non 3G SIM would defeat the purpose, thus your phone will not live up to its potential...

It looks as though you have a BB 8310, that is a more or less new model, and the SIM that came with it is the correct SIM needed for that Model. And what exactly do you mean by "the Old SIM seems like it is going to break"

And Ebay is okay, but to Purchase an AT&T SIM from someone other than AT&T doesn't seem to kosher, especially since you normally don't have to pay for a SIM if you go to a Corporate Store to pick it up.

As for the Migrating thing, I would call and speak to another rep and see what that is about, because the Migrating normally doesn't change the Plan, you're just leaving one outdated sever for a current one, call and get a second opinnion...

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I switched out my Orange Cingular with no problems. I figure the same would apply to you.

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have also been with AT&T for years. Twice in the last 2 years I have gotten a new SIM at no charge. The first time was due to a problem, the second time was when I got the 8310. I just told the rep. I wanted a new one. Plan didn't change, no features added. Just free. But, as stated in a previous post- go to a corporate store. In my experiences, the stores just authorized to sell AT&T WILL charge for it.