There The Email I Got: BlackBerry Software Update Notification Update Today! ---------------------------------------------------- What else can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MurderousOne no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone Recieve A Email For Device Update For The 8350i

Advertisement

There The Email I Got:
    BlackBerry Software Update Notification

Update Today!

----------------------------------------------------

What else can your BlackBerry smartphone do for you?

Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. To update today visit BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

New ways to work and play!

* An update of BlackBerry Device Software version 4.6.1 is available. This update includes optimizations and enhancements approved by your wireless service provider.

Note: If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for more information about updating..

Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. To update now visit BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    Updates to 4.6.1.313

no noticeable changes positive or negative so far...Hopefully this was just cleanup in preparation for an OS 5 release in the very near future???
    Last edited by MurderousOne; 11-03-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    MurderousOne Productions Inc./M1 Entertainments.
    New York, NY

PIN:401E667

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I also got that email, but I have not updated yet though.

updated to V.4.6.1.313. no problems.. Had 2 Have DM 5.1 To Update. Update Did Take Some Time.. B Patient. Herd Of Problems Updating It Through The WiFi. 507 Errors... Didnt Happen 2 Mines... Ok Texting is running faster & also theres a sms feature & in contacts u can select all your DC contacts @ once now.. basically it seperates all your DC contacts from their mobile # contacts.. so you know who has DC only... not sure if were able to use sms now or how.. theres a option where you can add a sms service center number though..... Anything New & Or Any Problems & Illl Keep You Guys Updated.. Screenshot Of The OS Update When Done Below To Confirm.

New York, NY

hightack no está en línea Stack level 1
    Updated yesterday. It takes about 1 hour. All is well.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    What carrier are you on guys?

Im Running The 8350i On Boost Mobile.
    New York, NY

jbbenson no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nothing but stinkin' problems...

For anyone having problems with the new OS for the 8350i... After spending an hour or more on the phone with Blackberry Tech Support, they are aware of the issue and have "promised" a new OS upgrade that will fix the problems...

Problems reported were...

Direct Connect button on left hand side does not bring up the 50 or more contacts that I know have working DC numbers. - The fix that I found was to edit the contact - copy the DC number - delete it from the contact - copy it back in and it shows up again... Don't ask me why, but it works.

Direct Connect is not associated with the contact... see above fix - fixes that problem too...

MMS function keeps disappearing... Don't know why - Tech Support suggested backing up the phone and restoring it back to see if that will fix the problem - I have not tried that yet to see if it will work.

What is interesting to note... the tech that I spoke to.. actually knew something about something when it came to the blackberry phone and problems and he also does not use a blackberry, instead uses a HTC phone with a touchscreen.

Go figure
    carolinacop

jbbenson no está en línea Stack level 1
    Forgot to add... I am also not able to search my contacts by typing in the first letters of their name... This also only happened after updating to the latest OS...

I am really not a happy camper with Sprint... Does no one believe in TESTING a product before declaring it a finished product.
    carolinacop

delrahim69 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thats the 313 update. if ya on boost i recommend doing it ASAP. it has my texts 1000% better, no more resending them or waiting to retrieve the texts. also has 1 touch direct connect, hit the button all ur DC contacts show up. couple other improvements but i did it 1st day and havent had any problems.