Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by skp@avs.ca I agree....it just doesn't work!! I have both an 8800 (where ... BlackBerry Curve forum

officer2701 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405E989

Re: Anyone having luck with their voice dialing???

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by skp@avs.ca
    I agree....it just doesn't work!! I have both an 8800 (where the voice dialing works perfectly) and an 8300 where it doesn't work at all. And it is not just my 8300, but several friends who recently bought the 8300 are facing the same problem. Can someone help???
    Have them try this, I found this is what works best for me, When the promt say's "Say a command" just say "call" wait for the prompt " say a name or number" and then say the last name first and then the first name. I have found that is the way I got mine to work. I also set the sensitivity to reject more(-2). For some reason I have to say the name in reverse to get it to work. Hope this helps

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

I"ve used mine successfully with about 90% success rate. This is with the wired headset that comes with the device. I think my two failures have been due to background noise. I have about 1100 entries in my address book and it has been surprisingly good at picking them out from the voice command.
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

jrichman no está en línea Stack level 1

I just bot the curve and, after hours with tech support and my own tech guys, voice dialing does not work. We use a Blackberry Enterprise Server for our contact list. I have about 1800 contacts.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Quote Originally Posted by jrichman
    I just bot the curve and, after hours with tech support and my own tech guys, voice dialing does not work. We use a Blackberry Enterprise Server for our contact list. I have about 1800 contacts.
    Welcome to the stacks! Can you be a little more specific than "does not work" ? Perhaps tell us what DOES happen? What language setting do you have Voice Dialing set to? Do you speak with non-American-English accent? Help us help you.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Mine works beautifully - close to 100%. I don't have 1800 contacts, though - maybe that makes a difference. I've got about 400 now, but it's fast and incredibly accurate. Love it. I can't remember the last time I actually had to key in a phone number...

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

The only problems that I have run into is that I have quite a few clients that have similar names or names that are the same as their company name with an inc or co added.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

I use it without any problems (now), in the beginning I was only saying the first name of the contact but then I realized that it would actually look for the entire name: first, middle initial, and Last; so then I started asking her to call so and so with a first and last name.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

Is there a way I can activate the voice dialing besides clicking the icon so I can keep t in my holster and not have to touch my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by smis
    Is there a way I can activate the voice dialing besides clicking the icon so I can keep t in my holster and not have to touch my phone.
    You can assign Voice Dial to one of the convenience buttons (it's my left one), and also when you have a decent BT headset, you can activate Voice Dialing by tapping the connect button on your headset. Works great with a Jawbone (personal experience) and with others (from what I've read).

miketl no está en línea Stack level 2

this might be a stupid question at this point in the convo, but I would like to try and sey up my voice dailing 1 more time as the first time i was setting it up in some what of a noisy enviroment, but for the life of me I have no idea how to set it up once ive done it already

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miketl
    this might be a stupid question at this point in the convo, but I would like to try and sey up my voice dailing 1 more time as the first time i was setting it up in some what of a noisy enviroment, but for the life of me I have no idea how to set it up once ive done it already

thanks
    Mike -

Go into Options / Voice Dialing.

Then press the menu button (to the left of the trackball). From here you can select "reset digits" (use the defaults), or "adapt digits" to train it again.

miketl no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks VinmontRD
    much appreciated

jdub71 no está en línea Stack level 2

I locked my keys and blackberry in a form room I had visited. I remembered that I had my Bluetooth headset in my pocket so I was able to call my friend to come back and let me in. Voice dialing worked great!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by jdub71
    I locked my keys and blackberry in a form room I had visited. I remembered that I had my Bluetooth headset in my pocket so I was able to call my friend to come back and let me in. Voice dialing worked great!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thats pretty neat. I bet you were thankful for the headset.

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Works perfectly for me! (This is the same application that I paid for to use on my Treo; now it's the VD app of choice for RIM? Great recommendation!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast