Im loving my curve and think its the best thing since sliced bread. I love ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone go from WM6 to BB or vice versa?

Advertisement

Im loving my curve and think its the best thing since sliced bread. I love how the BB UI controls everything on my daily basis.

That being said, Im on a GB list for a new HTC device running WM6. A couple of my friends are diehard windows mobile fanatics.

Anyone here use both like or dislike WM interface and how does it compare to BB? Please know Im comparing the apparently more stable WM6, not the WM5.

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Anyone go from WM6 to BB or vice versa?

yea i have a tmobile dash still running WM6 and it does everything i need to.. the activesync and all of that is pretty good. but it seems to me like it is more clunkier and slower. also, i hated trying to find a game or apps. seems to me that BB is a lot more open and you can just do more. theres just so much out there for it.

i'm loving my bb curve though its just so lightweight and can handle everything i require!!

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by e-berry View Post
    yea i have a tmobile dash still running WM6 and it does everything i need to.. the activesync and all of that is pretty good. but it seems to me like it is more clunkier and slower. also, i hated trying to find a game or apps. seems to me that BB is a lot more open and you can just do more. theres just so much out there for it.

i'm loving my bb curve though its just so lightweight and can handle everything i require!!
    Thanks for your input. One of my friends has a dash and while its built quality I think is better than the Curve, I hate its keyboard. There has been issues about the Dash having memory leaks and its running a slower processor. The HTC unit Im looking at has a 400mhz processor which seems to be extra speedy!

On the note about apps and games, thats really not my thing. I typically use the standard stuff the phone comes with. The only thing I added to my curve was operamini.

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I hope WM6 is a vast improvement over WM5. I hated WM5 with a passion. I love the BB useability.

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

i have both they each have their own benefits any email i use bb any internet surfing i use wm6....they need a 3g gsm blackberry already this is bs

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

I have had many PPC and smart phones and PPC Phones. Here is my take. Windows Mobile 6 still contains a flaw that makes it absolutely unreliable for push email. Hey wait a second I am a fan don't start bashing me yet. It worked for me and works pretty well but when you get hundreds of emails a day and start deleting on the phone and deleting and moving from your desktop you can run into a problem. I have had this happen on Devices from before Windows Mobile 5 through Windows Mobile 6. The kicker here is that if Activesync runs into a problem you don't know you just don't receive email and that my friends is why I jumped ship from WM6 to Blackberry. From time to time my device would receive an error with Activesync and not be able to retrieve new email. If only the device popped up an error and said Activesync error it wouldn't be so terrible, but I got tired of waiting on the - gee absence of email might mean there is a problem let me check active sync on my WM6 device. I found when this happened the best/quickest fix was to tell Activesync not to sync email and finish a sync, then tell it to sync email again and then it would start working again. To me it doesn't matter if this happened only once per year I cannot have a device that doesn't reliably deliver my email. Like I said if only the WM6 even popped up an error box when Activesync failed it would have sufficed but there was nothing. With that said there are things I like about WM6 much better and things I like about the Blackberry much better. My bottom line is I just can't rely on WMx to deliver mail reliably until they at least pop up a message on a sync failure. Those won't fix themselves and you could go hours without knowing you had an urgent email. This happened at least monthly to me. With Activesync it resyncs your inbox and all folders you want every time you get a new email. That's kind of cool and let me manage my email a little better. IF I moved it from inbox to a project folder lets say it would then dissapear from my WM6 unless I told it to sync that folder too. I like that better than the Blackberry but overall the Blackberry is virtually bullet proof email delivery and WM6 sadly falls short. Sure it may work great for a while but you will at some point get a sync failure and stop getting emails and not ever know other than the absence of new email.

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3

I've been using BB for about 18 months now and love it. I had a Palm PDA before I got onto the convergence bandwagon. I purposely chose BB over WM because when I looked at the 8125 it was just so clunky to cope with, the WM5 OS, that is.
    But, when I was offered a brand new Sprint Mogul in June days after the device had been released, I took it. A free phone is a free phone! This was my first taste of WM6. It reminded me of what I dislike about WM and that I am not a touch screen fan. But, it also got me intrigued. I also had a brand new Curve at the same time so it was cool to take both out for a side by side comparison.
    I used it for two weeks then passed it on to a friend (I didn't want another line and a Sprint contract on top of my at&t account) who paid the bill for my usage in trade for taking it off my hands. I was glad to be done with the thing as it's kind of large and I just didn't like the touchscreen or WM6 professional.
    So, I got my hands on an unlocked Dash, but I just couldn't get it to behave the way I wanted it to. I sold it and bought a BlackJack. Put WM6 on that (yay for leaked ROMs) but one day my email just stopped pushing to it. I had a friend who was interested in buying it from me knowing that I am not one to hang onto a phone for long so I sold it and used that cash to pick up a BlackJack II this past weekend.
    So, from Saturday until last night I was using the BJ II, and in general I like it but I went back to the BB this morning because the Samsung needed to charge. I just like its simplicity and intuitiveness, the Curve that is, and I don't know that there's a WM6 device out there that could totally win me over. I'll keep the BJ II for a while and go back and forth between the two. It's nice to always have a smartphone charged up and ready to go. I am sure I'll sell the BJ II when something else comes out that I want more. I'm a sucker for the newest and shiniest toys.

The only phone I've kept for any length of time is my BB. Before the Curve I had a 7130c for eight months and I'm coming up on six months with the Curve. I suspect I'll keep it for another three months or more depending on when the next BB series comes out. I'll probably keep trying to like WM, though, I can't help but want to.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

kutrack1 no está en línea Stack level 2

i had the dash and it was the first phone i was ever really happy with, but it seems slow and laggy. the 8320 i have so far as i have only had one for a few days i love more than my old dash.

denovich no está en línea Stack level 1

Made the switch from a T-Mobile MDA Vario II (aka HTC TyTN) running a highly customized WM6. (previous smart phone: Treo 600)

I switched to a 8310 last week when my company gave me a new phone... the BB is the clear winner for me. The biggest reason is speed. It's faster to start, faster to swtich between apps, faster to make a call, faster to send an email, you name it, the BB is faster. Possibly more importantly the BB's UI is more consistent and intuitive. The network connection is also more reliable. It doesn't have the raw throughput of the TyTN's 3G radio, but I never have to manually reconnect. Also the biggest network time waster in my experience has been DNS lookups and the initial connection... which is not noticeably faster on 3G.

I spent about 40 hours or more configuring my TyTN. I reflashed about a dozen different OS variants onto the device, and used dozens of 3rd party programs in an attempt to get it to do what I wanted. Contrast that to the BB, where I had all the goodies I wanted (Gmail, Gtalk, Opera, GMaps, Facebook, and a few others) installed in the first hour or two. And it's just worked. It's almost a bit disappointing... I've had to waste time using it, instead of tweaking it.