There was a thread awhile back where the recommendation was not to use new themes ... BlackBerry Curve forum

samklee no está en línea Stack level 1

anyone else having problems using new themes?

Advertisement

There was a thread awhile back where the recommendation was not to use new themes just yet. I'm finding the same problem: when I reboot my phone, it hangs on the tmobile screen. After removing the theme via loader.exe, i'm back to normal.

I can use my theme fine, as long as I don't ever reboot.

Anyone else noticing this problem? I've tried it on .33 and .44 and .52, all show the same problem, so it doesn't appear to be an os problem.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

samklee no está en línea Stack level 1
    have you tested themes others have posted? still show problems?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ive tested a whole bunch of themes indeed even some i created myself and they all gave me the errors and freeze after reboot.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I think I'll wait for the actual release then before attempting to make themes for my phone then. I wanted to attempt theme building, but if the beta 4.7 is that buggy, then I think it'll be best I wait.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Ive tested a whole bunch of themes indeed even some i created myself and they all gave me the errors and freeze after reboot.
    Hey Ranx, why don't you try my Voda Fusion Today theme. I have not come across this problem. I would like to know how it works on yours.

nmfsc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had slight problem with the voda theme and wonder if its due to there not actually being a today theme pre installed on 8900.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Hey Ranx, why don't you try my Voda Fusion Today theme. I have not come across this problem. I would like to know how it works on yours.
    Sure will. Ill get back to you later today in your theme's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfsc View Post
    I have had slight problem with the voda theme and wonder if its due to there not actually being a today theme pre installed on 8900.
    What kind of problems are you having? I am running the .152 OS, what are you running?

nmfsc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm running .114. My calendar isn't displaying on main screen. Screen is tan/blank with icons at bottom.

Did you move your calander to the homescreen and when you scroll over it, does the text come up? You will need to have something in your calandar for today or near future for it to show it for you. Do a test and put something on your calander for today and see if that works. Same with messages.

Also, go to calendar/menu/select calendar and check show all calendars.