I have a BB curve 8330. the one I have currently is my 3rd in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

speedking89 no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Anyone else had this happen?

Advertisement

I have a BB curve 8330. the one I have currently is my 3rd in the past month. the 2 previos devices were programed incorrectly which resulted in certain function not working properly. My current device has ben working smoothly until I downloaded a stupid "free game" link onto my phone (just like the one most of us have downloaded for pinstack). Ever since the installation of that quick link my device has had little qwerks. most were eliminated when i deleted some extranious programs. One still stuck around. At very random and most of the time frustrating times the loading icon will appear and freeze all functions of the decice. After several minutes the device restarts itself, checks its securities, and is good to go. It happened once again tonight which promted me to put this up. Anyone have advice? Anyone else experience somethin similar?

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    What OS are you running, most 4.5 builds are still a little unstable for the 8330. I suggest you plug you phone into your comp and run desktop manager. The problem may not be related to the app you downloaded but the space and ram it took up. Delete the questionable app as well as the language packs that are of no use to you eg. Chinese and Portuguese if you only know english. This should free up some space and possibly cut down on "hour-glassing" and freezing. If not wipe your device and reload your OS. Hope this helps. Via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think i'm going to hold off on the v4.5 until the official comes out. To much neg feedback on the early provider editions. I am running V4.3. I loaded the OS w/o all the extra languages. For some reason it still installed Russian and Semetic characters and font. Didn't know if i deleted them if it would effectany other application process linked to them. I'm all about streamlining and eliminating unused items but it has also gotten me in trouble. The questionable app has been gone for a bit and all the other apps associated with it.

curvemomma no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had to wipe my phone and reinstall everything after downloading the game which incidently didn't download correctly. Robin

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    so, if your using your carriers OS, and still have have issues with your device, back up all relevant data and reload your OS.

appreciate the advice. i did some deleting and reloading and everything seems to be working better. thanks

bkhmd no está en línea Stack level 1
    glad you were able to get it up and running