I have noticed that now when I delete my gmail from my handheld I no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Question Anyone Else???

Advertisement

I have noticed that now when I delete my gmail from my handheld I no longer get the options of

"on mailbox & handheld"
    "on handheld"
    "Cancel"

All I get now is:

"delete"
    "cancel"

Anyone else that have gmail acct on the BB have this happening to them??

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Anyone Else???

i think i still get all 3...lemme test it

Updataed - yup all still there - did you change a setting??
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

cp30 go to email, hit options, hit email reconcilation, then scroll to delete on, hit your menu button. You can choose what you want to see.

In another vein, what is with the short menu vs the full menu, wish that was an option. Delete prior is only on the full menu, bummer.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Since the new BIS 2.3, the options changed. Also, log into BIS, and check your settinsgs for GMail. Did you happen to check the option that says, "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device."?

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Zipped, thanks. I will try now.

That worked. thanks....my own mistake....lol
    Last edited by c3po25; 07-04-2007 at 02:56 PM.

No problem, kind of handy actually, nice to know you can change the menu options - when I hit delete, I like to delete with one confirmation. Not have to then choose, and choose again.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I switched my email accounts. I was going BONKERS...I would read my emails (I dont read t hem on the computer much) on the gmail account, and later, when I would go to gmail on my computer, they would all be marked as "undread" and it drove me NUTS....Yahoo will mark them as read when I read them on my blackberry....so I changed everything over to Yahoo.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

yeah, I have the same problem. but I do like Gmail and e3veryone already have my gamil address, it's just such the pain to have to change all that over...they already complaining that I change my number too much (due to necessity of getting newer BB's...lol) Any other fix???

If you use the gmail blackberry app. it works well. Kind of lame to have to install an app that the blackberry should already be able to do. Problem is between blackberry and google. Blackberry has specific setups based on domains. I would bet google has a fix for this in the next few months *keeps fingers crossed*

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by zipped
    If you use the gmail blackberry app. it works well. Kind of lame to have to install an app that the blackberry should already be able to do. Problem is between blackberry and google. Blackberry has specific setups based on domains. I would bet google has a fix for this in the next few months *keeps fingers crossed*
    I agree, that is lame to have to install an app to be able to work things correctly....really hope that Google fix that soon....

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I just put a "vacation message" on my gmail that tells everyone to change it over. I will still recieve emails on the BB from gmail, but then I just have to respond telling people to change the addy. It's simple. If they want a reply from me, they will change the email address. LOL
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

so kind of a all ot none approach uh?? nice one....lol