software decoder or alternate media player? anyone have an idea?... BlackBerry Curve forum

wasafiri no está en línea Stack level 1

any way to get the curve to play h264 video?

Advertisement

software decoder or alternate media player? anyone have an idea?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: any way to get the curve to play h264 video?

Probably the only way would be to use some simple conversion software to convert to one of the supported formats. I think the Media Manager with the latest Desktop Software does some conversion. If not check download.com and other software sites. I'm not much for video on the phone (I have a separate PVP), so I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to recommend something.

Wastegate13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249f1af9

I use a program called Super C. I have yet to find a file that it couldn't convert.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It takes some navigating around to get to the download page but the program itself is rather simple to use. When I get home I'll check my settings and post up what I found works the best on my Curve.

wasafiri no está en línea Stack level 1

I can convert h.264 video to mp4 video easily--in fact, the Roxio software that comes with Desktop Manager can do it, even. However, I was hoping there was a way to get the Curve to actually play h.264 video, as h.264 can produce much better quality video using lower bitrates (smaller filesizes = more videos on the Curve).