Hello All..Are there any issues using Vista with DM for the BB ...Some seem to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pocketpete no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Any Vista issues

Advertisement

Hello All..Are there any issues using Vista with DM for the BB ...Some seem to have some problem using it..should I use an XP machine instead...Being new to this I don't want ot create a problem I can't fix...Thanks for any help....

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Any Vista issues

You shouldn't have any issues with the newer desktop manager versions on vista but if you install it and have issues backing up your BlackBerry you can install it on an XP machine. You won't create problems on the BlackBerry so no worries.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lrbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251e7b8a

I use DM with Vista. No problem at all.

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E

I use Vista with no issues

elsocplayer no está en línea Stack level 1

Vista user (although I hate it, just the laptop was cheap ) anyway, so far no issues except that I can't get it to sync through Bluetooth but thats not because I'm using Vista just haven't followed all steps.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

elsocplayer --> maybe because the "cheap" laptop you bought isn't an ultimate edition...a ton of functionality and administrative capabilities are taken away with lesser versions of vista due to the fact that most people are computer illiterate...that being said you may want to check you bluetooth capabilities with your laptop (like the iphone it can connect to a bluetooth earbud but it can't send and receive via bluetooth )...also you may want to check if you laptop is even bluetooth capable

as for the original post there were some issues with vista and BBs but that has been solved and you should be problem free...if not there are many posts here as to how to cope with vista and BB issues just use the search box or start a new thread...hope this helps