i need to refer to one document constantly throughout the day (a client list) that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

njsonja no está en línea Stack level 1

any suggestions for this?

Advertisement

i need to refer to one document constantly throughout the day (a client list) that i have on my wordperfect....i have it saved but i can always accidentally delete it...i can't even protect it!

is there a way i can create a shortcut (like on a pc to the desktop) so i can retrieve this one particular document? i can't find any 3rd party software either, but that doesn't mean it's not out there..

much appreciated..

sonja

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    not that i know of. you might assign the program to one of your convenience keys or assign the app switcher,where you can get back to that app quickly.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Maybe save the Doc in an email and access it through the browser? That's a tough one!

Lowercase no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D51B0D
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Maybe save the Doc in an email and access it through the browser? That's a tough one!
    I would probably do that too, you're right, rough question, but a good one. I Agree with nickjoedotcom
    "My Crackberry is faster than the Rev's Blackberry®."

how do i access my email through a browser?

you mean like go to aol.com and access my email and then what? where do i save it to?

thanks guys, much appreciated!

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Say for example you sent yourself an email containing that Doc you could then retrieve it from that account while in your browser anytime. Or even just save an email under drafts. Or worst case have it available in several areas. Like send the email with the Doc to yourself, download it and save it. It should be possibe if you're using 4.5 with Docs to go. Then save it in a memo, a text you know all over the place!

it's too big for a memo document....what's the difference between saving it through my aol account or through the browser...i don't get it?

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    If you email it, the email is pushed to your phone automatically giving you access to it. You can save that email so you can open it anytime. Or if you have it somewhere like a drafts, or saved folder for that account you can go view it through your browser like you were sitting at home on the computer.

thanks, but my concern is that i don't accidentally delete it..i have it under my saved messages...there should be a way of protecting it, no?

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I suppose you could make sure the prompt for your phone is on when you try to delete a message it'll ask if you really want to do that.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Solution is simple..... first copy and paste it to a email and send it to your self. Then save the message in your saved messages and assign saved messages to your right or left convenice key. Then create a second email and create a word doc and attach it to the email. Download it with docs to go and store it on your media card. Now you have a file on your media card as a backup in case you delete your message in your saved messages folder. As for protecting it I dont think that can be done. But at least this way you have a back up incase you do delete it.

PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    Solution is simple..... first copy and paste it to a email and send it to your self. Then save the message in your saved messages and assign saved messages to your right or left convenice key. Then create a second email and create a word doc and attach it to the email. Download it with docs to go and store it on your media card. Now you have a file on your media card as a backup in case you delete your message in your saved messages folder. As for protecting it I dont think that can be done. But at least this way you have a back up incase you do delete it.
    I have to agree with this idea the most. Like I was saying before if you have 4.5 you can access Docs to go. The extra step is using the convience key bring up the item quickly (brilliant). So yeah!

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me