I just bought an 8703e, so I'm not in any great rush, but anyone know ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

Any Shot Of Seeing The Curve for Verizon?

Advertisement

I just bought an 8703e, so I'm not in any great rush, but anyone know of any rumblings about Verizon getting this baby? A year from now when I'm due for an upgrade, I'd love to move onto a BB with a camera. It's not essential to me, but if it's there and I'm upgrading, I want it.

The multimedia stuff I really don't care about. Same with wifi. Verizon's coverage is fantastic, so the need for wifi is pretty much nil on my end.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Any Shot Of Seeing The Curve for Verizon?

If your upgade is not before a year you should be able to get it but not before at least six months
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked to see this out in the next 60 days. Normally I'd tell someone to take a drug test if they told me a new BB would come out on CDMA that quickly, but it wouldn't surprise me because of the iPhone. Course everything is merely rumor at this point.

jeffmcgill3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe
    I just bought an 8703e, so I'm not in any great rush, but anyone know of any rumblings about Verizon getting this baby? A year from now when I'm due for an upgrade, I'd love to move onto a BB with a camera. It's not essential to me, but if it's there and I'm upgrading, I want it.

The multimedia stuff I really don't care about. Same with wifi. Verizon's coverage is fantastic, so the need for wifi is pretty much nil on my end.

I agree with you about coverage and need for wifi. And I'd love to upgrade to this. I'm a BB newbie that got into this world with a used 7250. I'm very excited about having voice-dialing capabilitiy, multimedia and more memory capacity. I'd love to have the camera too, but it appears that we'll be offered the standard corporate-issue model without a camera. At least, if I'm to believe what's on the Verizon website, which as a newbie here, I cannot post a link to. I don't know what that's about, but that's a subject for another time and place...

jm

Hmmm...if Verizon eventually offers the Curve, I would think it will include the camera. It's a consumer model, so removing the camera simply makes it a clone of the 8830.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmcgill3
    At least, if I'm to believe what's on the Verizon website, which as a newbie here, I cannot post a link to. I don't know what that's about, but that's a subject for another time and place...

jm
    That's to prevent people from registering and posting spam links that are totally unrelated to BB.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'd love to have the camera too, but it appears that we'll be offered the standard corporate-issue model without a camera. At least, if I'm to believe what's on the Verizon website, which as a newbie here, I cannot post a link to.
    Releasing the 8830 doesn't mean that Verizon can't or won't release an 83XX down the road. Many carriers offer two or more models of Blackberries. With the 81XX, 83XX and 88XX lines it's likely that any carrier serious about offering Blackberries will carry at least one model from each line.

PIN/ID

Of course, you're right. I recall Verizon offered the Treo with and without a camera, so it will probably be the same deal with the 8830. But I was really pointing out that they're showing a camera-less version on their site. My phone upgrade date isn't until July, so I'm just watching and waiting to see what happens.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    That's to prevent people from registering and posting spam links that are totally unrelated to BB.
    Thanks for the info Erica. I'll wait until I've posted 5 or 10k messages before I start spamming... LOL. I am definitely kidding--spammers suck.

JM

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe

Hmmm...if Verizon eventually offers the Curve, I would think it will include the camera. It's a consumer model, so removing the camera simply makes it a clone of the 8830.
    I hope so too, but you can see what I'm referring to for yourself at: estore-dot-vzwshop-dot-com/blackberry/ (sorry, but I can post a link yet). Hopefully they will offer both with and without camera. I'm kind of torn between the two, but having voice-dialing and speakerphone along with media capability will help me forget about the camera for a while if they offer the first version without it.

JM

I hope so too, but you can see what I'm referring to for yourself at: estore-dot-vzwshop-dot-com/blackberry/ (sorry, but I can post a link yet). Hopefully they will offer both with and without camera. I'm kind of torn between the two, but having voice-dialing and speakerphone along with media capability will help me forget about the camera for a while if they offer the first version without it.

JM
    LOL - dude, that's not the Curve (8300). That's the 8830, which is Verizon's version of the 8800 recently released for ATT/Cingular. That phone most definitely doesn't have a camera, it's aimed at business users. The Curve is a consumer device and will have a camera. It hasn't even been announced yet for Verizon, which is what I'm hoping for.