Ask via
    Try the mobile site http://m.youtube.com
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    had the 8320 with tmo for a year and a half. great phone Although had its problems. After updating os to 4.5 camera and video sucked!! Also it was hour glass happy had to pull battery many times a day. Was reluctant to get the 8520 because it's a low end blackberry but let me tell you its the curve very improved fast cool fun no hour glass hang ups with 128 mbs of app storage camera and video is great. It comes with 7 games..blackberry rocks!! If you like curves you should really check it out you will not be disappointed.

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    had the 8320 with tmo for a year and a half. great phone Although had its problems. After updating os to 4.5 camera and video sucked!! Also it was hour glass happy had to pull battery many times a day. Was reluctant to get the 8520 because it's a low end blackberry but let me tell you its the curve very improved fast cool fun no hour glass hang ups with 128 mbs of app storage camera and video is great. It comes with 7 games..blackberry rocks!! If you like curves you should really check it out you will not be disappointed.

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just upgraded the wife to an 8520 from an 8310...the only things I didn't like is that it isn't 3G, nor does it have a GPS; but not real deal breakers. The main selling point was the 256MB of RAM...the 64MB of the 8310 was painful, and not app friendly by any stretch of the imagination. The wife is really liking the track pad over the track ball. I think the wife likes how fast it is (at home) because of the WiFi.

The other weird thing (to me) is that its running OS4.6? Why not OS5.0 like my 9700? Sorta like putting a new skin on an old phone? However, it doesn't seem to use as much memory, which leaves more available for apps...

smcopey no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just got the phone on the 11th and it is like sooo much better then the 8320 and the 8100. My first two BB's. I love the trackpad alot. Upgrade for the OS would be nice. Working on the upgrade now. Cant wait to be running 5.0 on it that will fix my little issues with the camera and txt msg setup ))

icecream4000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If the bb8520 was a car it would be a corolla.

smcopey no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Kids

Quote Originally Posted by icecream4000 View Post
    If the bb8520 was a car it would be a corolla.
    And if you was a car you would probly be a little Honda Civic. All noise, No go. like u, All mouth, No backup. The blackberry 8520 is a nice phone sir. But then again your probly using a apple iPhone or another phone(Might not even be a smartphone at all). Dont put blackberry down unless u had the phone and didnt like it, which then just discuss the issues with it.

icecream4000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    take it easy buddy where I'm from corolla is the most popular car on the streets and its the same with the 8520.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    i had the 8520 for a few days now and so far i'm loving it...i'm still on the fence about getting a bold9700 for 80 bucks though; but i have 30 days to decide...anyhow, back to the curve, this is an upgrade from a pearl 8100 and then a behold 2 android which i hated...love the trackpad and the wi-fi although can someone tell me if internet and messenger will work if i lose the data plan and stick with the wi-fi? if so that will make me love it even more and will never side with anything other than a blackberry again.

scoutken no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am new to Blackberry and 8520. I like the trackpad. It clicks and moves pointer 4 directions. I was told it had GPS, which I conclude it does NOT. Was also told it was 3G capable, but can only get edge.. Can anyone confirm it is or isnot 3g capable? Thanks for any info. Ken

ObviousMan no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is not 3G capable. 8530 (CDMA version is 3G - EVDO Rev.A) There is supposedly an essentially the same device coming currently named Curve 3G, which looks very much like 85x0. It will have GPS and UMTS/HSDPA 3G.
    OM

me013551 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there something wrong with the browser for Blackberry 8520? each time I try to log into my gmail account - it says I need to accept cookies.

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sdeeter19555 View Post
    The other weird thing (to me) is that its running OS4.6? Why not OS5.0 like my 9700? Sorta like putting a new skin on an old phone? However, it doesn't seem to use as much memory, which leaves more available for apps...

I just wanted to update this and say that my Wife's 8520 updated to OS5.0 Sunday...not without glitches.

The sounds disappear when trying to set them, and only come back with a battery pull. I deleted a batch of apps that my Wife didn't use, and that seems to have solved the problem...maybe one of the apps wasn't 5.0 friendly??

It also has a "application manager" icon that appears on the main screen after a reboot...it disappears as soon as you click on it, and does nothing? Not sure what that is all about...my 9700 doesn't do it.

ObviousMan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdeeter19555 View Post
    I just wanted to update this and say that my Wife's 8520 updated to OS5.0 Sunday...not without glitches.

The sounds disappear when trying to set them, and only come back with a battery pull. I deleted a batch of apps that my Wife didn't use, and that seems to have solved the problem...maybe one of the apps wasn't 5.0 friendly??

It also has a "application manager" icon that appears on the main screen after a reboot...it disappears as soon as you click on it, and does nothing? Not sure what that is all about...my 9700 doesn't do it.
    I have not noticed that. Seem to work fine for me. I initially put 5.0 from Singapore on it, no problem with that, and after official ATT version came out, replaced with it (all language version).
    Unfortunately what I really need it Curve 3g, which has GPS.
    OM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234