Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Had the dust issues on my previous Curve 8300. Just bought the new 8320 so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Any new curves having screen dust issues?

Advertisement

Had the dust issues on my previous Curve 8300. Just bought the new 8320 so far haven't encountered that problem yet. I'm currently using the silicon case I pirchased from Boxwave and I think it's doing a good job eliminate the dust from accumulating inside the Curve 8320. Thanks to Cherry for the review of the Boxwave silicon case.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

have had my 8320 for almost two months without any dust issues. i keep it in the oem sleeve most of the time, but occasionally just stick it in my pocket. anyway, i was worried because there's some play on the right side and the general build quaility seemed a bit loose. basically, with a bit of pressure, my 8320 creaks here and there. and yes, mine was made in mexico.

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

I dont get dust on the 8310 I did on the 8310 but since the weather has cooled i have noticed condensation drops inside. They go away quickly. Just something i have noticed.
    -------
    I ment i did on the 8300
    Last edited by txmike17; 11-11-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged.

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me

I have an 8300, which I got from Cincinnati Bell 2 months ago. I've had a leather (2 piece) Case Mate case for it, and the dust under the screen on the right hand side is really bad. Since gettingthe new case it seems to have not gotten worse, but for the first month I had it I was using the BB holster and the dust was getting worse by the day.

Cinn Bell is goingto exchange mine... I've been putting it off, as I don't want to have to mess with getting ahold of 3rd party vendors for new soft ware reg keys etc...

PIN/ID
    pm me

Just exchanged mine last night for a dust free 8300! Of course, after spending a couple hours (or more) reloaded and reconfiguring my new phone, I realized my keyboard is a bit whacked.

Instead of the dollar sign, there is a euro symbol in it's place. And the top line of the keboard reads a-z-e-r-t-y.

Did they give me a European version by mistake?

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Quote Originally Posted by cj5150 View Post
    Just exchanged mine last night for a dust free 8300! Of course, after spending a couple hours (or more) reloaded and reconfiguring my new phone, I realized my keyboard is a bit whacked.

Instead of the dollar sign, there is a euro symbol in it's place. And the top line of the keboard reads a-z-e-r-t-y.

Did they give me a European version by mistake?
    haha... thats awesome... you'd prob be able to get good money for that on ebay...when you type do the qwerty characters come up?

it looks like this: http://oldfiles.org.uk/powerload/images/FRA-KB.JPG ??
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 11-15-2007 at 10:02 AM.
    I'm a born again Androider

PIN/ID
    pm me

thanks for quick response, and the link... this does confirm that the keyboard on my new one is set up for Euro. Internally it appears to be a US version, but can't tell for sure.

Yea, when I type on it, the qwerty layout is there "internally"... it looks like maybethey stuck Euro keys on a US version, maybe?

Anyone think this will be an issue for software or internet stuff? Everything appears to be functioning properly thus far...

I think I got some weird hybrid... might just hold on to this one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12