Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

im mostly interested in programs that will tell me the status of my device, programs ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nikjay25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question any good sites for free apps, games for the 8900?

Advertisement

im mostly interested in programs that will tell me the status of my device, programs like the benchmark magic for the 8100<<but for the 8900, that will tell me statistics and in depth information about the device, not too concerned for games, but the programs giving me in depth information is what im really interested in.

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    you need to download blackberrys appworld. in your browser type blackberry.com/appworld.

i dont have the data plan, can i still use it or no?

shiaolien no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    26270B02
    Quote Originally Posted by nikjay25 View Post
    i dont have the data plan, can i still use it or no?
    my understanding is that even if you don't have a data plan, if you have free wi-fi spots, you can still download and use most (i say most, not all) apps. i could, of course, be wrong. heh..heh..

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I am not a big fan of app world but the are places: mobile.blackberry.com for instance that has some free games.

Here is the game Lingo but it looks a little funny as this is the 83xx version . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Without a data plan some apps will work if you have a Wi-Fi connection. As far as phone statistics, check out myBoxtone. Was in the beta for them a while back and it's a great app for what you want. You can join the beta program here.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by MStrawder; 07-03-2009 at 11:21 AM.

so when i signed up for the beta for my boxtone, when i went to the screen after i type my email address to download the program, the blackberry loads up the my boxtone logo on the top left, and the rest is a blank white page, lol im assuming my blackberry wont load it, but then i cleared the cache,hitsory, etc... restarted the browser, still same thing, any ideas on why its doing this, PS, im using the built in browser that came with the phone..

also when i went to download the appworld, its saying that the blackberry does not meet requirements, ive read the requirements and it does, the OS is up to date, am i missing something, the blackberry connected to the online server to download the app, by the way..

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Be careful as you could be being charged pay per use charges if connected to data (depending on your carrier).
    You may be getting that msg due to not meeting the data requirements for the app.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    My BOXTONE has to register over a data connection, be careful . ..
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

hmm well there is no data limit when using wifi, its free and unlimited, as far as i know, am i correct?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yes, when you're on a Wi-Fi connection there are no data charges, but you should still keep an eye on your BB to make sure it's connected to a signal AND you have "Wi-Fi Preferred" selected under your Mobile Network options. After you signup for BoxTone, they'll send you an email with the link to download the app. Sometimes it takes a day or two to get, but it's a great app as it allows you to monitor all the functions of your BB such as RAM, Packets in/out, battery, etc..
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    My biggest issue with wifi is that it won't work unless the radio is on. I have been told it is just a setting change needed but have not researched it any further.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    There was an app featured this week that would disable Wi-Fi when it lost the signal for a period of time to save battery, but it wouldn't turn back on automatically. I'd love to see an app that did that. Maybe send out a ping every so often to check for a signal, then switch on Wi-Fi.

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    There was an app featured this week that would disable Wi-Fi when it lost the signal for a period of time to save battery, but it wouldn't turn back on automatically. I'd love to see an app that did that. Maybe send out a ping every so often to check for a signal, then switch on Wi-Fi.
    I second that because I use the wifi at home, but I so often forget to uncheck it when leaving and by the end of the day my freshly charged 8900 is nearly dead....if there was an app for this...i wonder...
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast