Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anybody have a clue when AT&T will have the actual aim client work. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3

any clue when a aim client will be working for AT&T

Advertisement

Does anybody have a clue when AT&T will have the actual aim client work. I don't want to spend money on jivetalk or any other program

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    When hell frezzes over!

AT&T has been holding this, MSN Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger hostage since RIM released the clients.
    Personally I think it's illegal.
    We have BlackBerryies produced by RIM,
    and we're entitiled to access all the features available.

Anyone out there a Class Action Lawyer?
    Try WebMessenger:
    WebMessenger: 2.7.0415 - Web (IM All Networks)
    Decent client, works, free.

Otherwise, try the classic Ramble:
    Ramble: 0.9.10.8.1 - OTA (AIM IM)
    I've never been able to get it to work, but....

These are free. Some others that cost a few $ are also listed in my Mini Version Tracker list (link in my sig).
    Last edited by jdellasala; 05-23-2008 at 02:31 PM.
    JerryD

THANK YOU ALOT...And i do believe this wrong

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    If you download the apps through medianet, then yes, each message is charged as a text.

vietalogy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2433c92a
    even tho jive cost most but its well worth the money to up keep their servers.

Quote Originally Posted by good1988 View Post
    THANK YOU ALOT...And i do believe this wrong
    I don't know what you mean. There's nothing in what's above that isn't true, and I believe they will NEVER allow RIM's IM clients. Why? Because they want you to use their crappy Oz IM client. And why do they want you to use that? To suck some more money out of your pockets!

However, it's NOT an IM Client! It's a RELAY client that relays IM network traffic through SMS Messages!

Yes, AT&T now includes 200 SMS messages with PERSONAL BlackBerry accounts (not so with BIS), but 200 messages is NOTHING. Not only that, but since it's relaying through SMS, the delay is AWFUL, and you can only connect to one network at a time.

So now, once you realize that IM is going to chew through your 200 SMS messages in about a week, you decide to cough up another $10/month for unlimited SMS.

I'm very pleased with AT&T's service, coverage, and support. But they are total sleaze balls when it comes to smart phones. They dump all kinds of crap onto their devices, both BlackBerry and Windows Mobile, to try to squeeze another buck for another service.
    JerryD

prtank no está en línea Stack level 1
    The question is...would you rather pay a one time fee of $30 for jivetalk or continue to pay an additional $10 for unlimited messages? Unless you already have unlimited messages.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by prtank View Post
    The question is...would you rather pay a one time fee of $30 for jivetalk or continue to pay an additional $10 for unlimited messages? Unless you already have unlimited messages.
    Not everyone has a cell phone with an IM client though, so some will still have to use the texting service.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Not everyone has a cell phone with an IM client though, so some will still have to use the texting service.
    Yea, but they're not paying $30-$60 a month for data either. Apps like Jive Talk & IM+ use the service you're already paying for!

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What are you guys talking about you can get oz messenger as a free ota download thru media net. It supports aim yahoo and wlm. I use it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjason View Post
    What are you guys talking about you can get oz messenger as a free ota download thru media net. It supports aim yahoo and wlm. I use it everyday.
    Yea but like we said OZ is a relay messenger and uses text messaging not data and have you tried using it...I can make a call and have a full conversation before I get what the person is going to messenge me

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    I use it lol. And mine is fast. I also run jivetalk too tho. But oz runs super fast for me. I haven't had and problems with it it yet.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Actually JD you can sign on to multiple IM accounts through OZ. I've been able to do it on a Motorola Q, unless it just a issue with teh oZ running on Blackberry's

lawrenceu88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just cough up the $20 and use jivetalk. its worth it

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    ~via FuBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~although I usually prefer free apps, I will pay for them if they're reasonably priced and work well. Jive is one of those. I understand you don't want to pay. You might want to try the free trial and see if it changes your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast