**EDIT** ok, so my curve is powering on but no lights light up and the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!

antenna nick

Advertisement

**EDIT** ok, so my curve is powering on but no lights light up and the screen just displays a dark screen with a picture of a battery with a slash through it. i have been playing around with this curve for a while now and cant get anything to work. could it have something to do with the nick in the antenna? or what could it be? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    -Mitch
    Last edited by caboose06; 04-13-2009 at 04:06 PM.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    I could be wrong but the antenna having a nick shouldn't have any effect on devices ability to power on. What exactly do you mean by antenna?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    the antenna on the bottom of the curve, underneath the cover that has the carriers name on it.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    When a BlackBerry boots up and goes right to an icon of a Battery with a line through it, it means the battery is not functioning - possibly dead, but juice isn't getting to the device through the battery.

If I remember correctly, if you connect a powered USB cable to it (from your computer or a charger) and the Battery isn't completely dead (as in defective), if you give it 10-15 minutes and then reboot the device with the cable connected, it should come up.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    ^^^i have tried this^^^ i have even tried charging the battery in another device then putting it into the curve, both ways have been tried with no change or response.

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    your battery may be toast then, try a different battery (i.e. replace it)

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    ^^^tried this as well^^^ I have also tried the battery in other devices and the battery works fine.