I want to use my curve as a tether modem, but not to connect to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

esdd no está en línea Stack level 1

Another tether modem question

Advertisement

I want to use my curve as a tether modem, but not to connect to the internet or wap service. I want to dial up to a specific number from a third party program. I used to be able to do this with another older phone, about 6 or 8 years ago and now again have a need to access remote servers. The t-mobile rep said this was possible but was not sure of the configuration. Any help will be appreciated.

eric

ssullivan8130 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Another tether modem question

I would presume it would be the same setup as if you where doing standard tether. Download the newest desktop manager and then your carrier broadband manager and instead of the broadband access number, put in the number you are wanting to access. Don't know if it will work. Should, but haven't tried it.

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Set it up under network connections as a new dial up connection. That's what I did with my razr at T-mobile to reach AOL before getting a data package. Just used the cable and phone with my laptop. Hope that helps. BTW it was pretty slow. Data package is faster.

esdd no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the data package and know how to access BB via wap.voicestream.com, wap.pinstackk.com, etc. What I am trying to accomplish is dial in to another computers modem, this has nothing to do with internet access or broadband, this is for a data transfer process for work and is the only thing keeping me from dumping my lanndline. Think of this as a fax sent from your laptop over a phone connection. I know this is possible, I have done this in the past and one of my co-workers is currently doing this process now.

any help will be appreciated.

Eric