Hello all, first off I'm new to the forum and been browsing around here for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sick6ness no está en línea Stack level 1

Another Radio Path Problem

Advertisement

Hello all, first off I'm new to the forum and been browsing around here for quite a bit. Great forum with a lot of great information.

Well I just recently got my hands on a 8320. I bought it from ebay, but now I regret this. The ad claimed an unlocked 8320, It is a 8320 but it is RED and it says AT&T on the phone, which was weird to me, unless AT&T made a RED 8320 that I didn't know about.

So I put my SIM card in and everything works like texting, wifi etc, everything except calling out/in. When I place a call I get three tone beep and it says "Radio Path Unavailable" When someone tries to call me it rings once, the caller ID pop-up on my phone, and then brings them right to voicemail.

I have tried everything to get this phone to work. Hard/Soft resets, updating OS, clearing with JL_cmder and then reloading a new OS, just can't seem to get it to work.

I was on the phone with AT&T support thinking they could help me, they tried everything they could and couldn't figure out the problem. I also put my SIM into my friends 8310 and it worked 100%. So it is definitely the phone itself. Last night I even tried uploading T-mobiles OS and deleting the vendor.xml file, but still nothing. What is wierd it even with the new OS's the phone still starts up saying "AT&T"

Sorry for rant, just want to get this phone working and not feel like I was ripped off. Thanks you,

-Mike
    Last edited by sick6ness; 03-01-2009 at 11:45 AM.

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Try a battery pull.
    Check call forwarding and call barring.
    I have seen this error on my sisters phone not sure what it is.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by rajafarhan View Post
    Try a battery pull.
    Check call forwarding and call barring.
    I have seen this error on my sisters phone not sure what it is.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Thanks for your reply rajafarhan.

I have tried everything, including about 10 battery pulls. I don't know where call forwarding or call barring would be in the phone, but even if these were enabled I should still be able to call out. Plus I cleared the phone and installed a new OS 3 times. So all settings should be at default now anyway.

Is there anything else I could do besides updating the OS? Is there any other type of firmware on the device to update?

Seems like there is no definite fix for this problem.
    Last edited by sick6ness; 03-01-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Does anyone know if AT&T has an activation code that you can enter into your phone? For example for verizon you dial *228

I was driving today with the phone, and I figured let me try to place a call... And it worked! the phone rang and the person picked up... I was able to hear the person, but they were UNABLE to hear me, maybe the phone saw another tower which made it work? ::shrug::... So I guess I have another problem on my hands now...
    I am home now and did another batt removal to see if that would help with my new problem.. and now same thing again.. Radio Path Unavailable.. I think by doing the batt reset made the problem come back.. Now I guess I gotta wait to go out again for it to work... Really strange isnt it....

I guess my mic must be shot... I tried a voice recording and nothing Is there a way to replace the mic? Or any other tips of what it might be?

Thanks

-Mike