Are there any alternatives to this software for storing MS Office files? Something a little ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Vigamox no está en línea Stack level 1

Alternatives to Eword/Eoffice?

Advertisement

Are there any alternatives to this software for storing MS Office files? Something a little less expensive perhaps? Thanks.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Alternatives to Eword/Eoffice?

have you checked Handango ??? Personally, because of the uses of the phone, I think RIM should include a basic system for word/excell stuff....it's a business phone afterall.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

abgopm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3014E94A

I believe that documents to go is coming out very soon for the bb.

deepaksingh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Yes, DocsToGo is coming out (as stated on the Dataviz) website. This is very good news, I guess, because my previous experience with DocsToGo on the Palm platform has been very good. I have eOffice basic - it's not so user friendly and expensive. So do wait for DocsTo Go.

Iarilo no está en línea Stack level 1

been in touch with dataviz the EARLY word is probably a november or december release. still no definate date but give us an idea of the time frame we are looking at.

I8UB4 no está en línea Stack level 1

I love my blackberries, but RIM needs to get their act together on this. How can a business device like the BB not have a proper application viewer/editor/filer????

The best I've found so far is Repligo, although they charge a yearly (or quarterly) fee. Luckily, my company pays for it, but still...

This should be included as standard equipment on a BB. Out of the box, there is no way to save attachments. Even if you copy them to your SD card, the device won't read them and there is no way to open them. RIM's answer is to email them to yourself??? That's stupid!

Even with Repligo, you can't edit the attachments, but it's much better than eOffice or the viewer that comes with the BB. Dataviz was great when I had a Treo, so maybe it will be a good app when it is finally released.

Hey RIM, do something about this and give us a decent viewer and a way to store attachments!!!

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

hello -

RIM can't hear you in here. But they can if you send it here.

bbsuggestions@rim.com .

For now, the best option (all PDAs considered) is to use a notebook computer when editing and forwarding MS Office documents. The experience is so much richer on a desktop O/S vs. handheld O/S. YMMV.