1) i have curve 8300 n whn i go to status it shows 5xxxxxxxx FİLES ... BlackBerry Curve forum
Alot of İNFO needed!!!!!!!!!!
1) i have curve 8300 n whn i go to status it shows 5xxxxxxxx FİLES and free FİLES 2432xxxxx so is this the memroy left for installinf applications sotring mms sms emails ??
cuz i have this memory booster app in the it shows i have 47mb free memory so im confuced.
2) what about the bb bold? does it have only 128 mb for installing applications n storing sms mms n email?? or it has 1 gb internal memory for emails sms etc..?
3) where can i get curve 8300 4.5 officail OS of any carrier?
4)lets say i live in a country in europe which uses 2.4 BİS n if UK vodaphone updates its server to 2.5 does it mean all vodaphones in europe gets 2.5 server update??????*
i know its alot of question so thnx in advance
I'll try to answer this as well as I can.
1. I'm not sure what the memory booster app does, but when it shows you the total it refers to the total amount of usable memory and file free shows the total amount of memory left (unused). This memory is where all programs reside, where your mail and contacts are stored and where SMS/MMS is stored. If you have a media card, photos can be stored on it, but applications must always be stored in the internal memory. (As a note, I believe there may be third party apps which mess with this rule a little but I've never used them and I'm not sure how well they actually work)
2. From my understanding, the Bold will have 128MB storage for apps, contacts, SMS/MMS, email and such. The 1GB internal storage is sort of like a built in 1GB card in the Curve. It's there for movies, photos and such. There is also an expansion slot to accept even more extra memory. You can't store apps on the 1GB internal nor the expansion slot cards.
3. All official releases seem to be documented in this thread by Hayden. As of yet, there is no official release of 4.5 for the 8300. This are releases for the 8310 which I'm told won't work with the 8300.
4. The BIS upgrade is something that an individual carrier will migrate to. From my understanding, just because one carrier migrated, does not mean that all carriers will migrate. I'm unfamiliar with how Vodaphone works in the UK as I'm over here in the USA, but I'm thinking that if the carrier spans countries, it would upgrade at the same time. Again, not positive how this would work.
Hope this helps a little!
Any more questions, just ask!
thnk you very much for quick answers tht solvd my pro thnxxx again
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
Tags for this Thread