I've got an alltel 8330, as does a friend, wife has an 8130, if any ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186

Alltel 8330 E-Mail Quirk?

Advertisement

I've got an alltel 8330, as does a friend, wife has an 8130, if any of us attach an mp3 ringer to e-mail and send to each other, when it comes in, we're unable to open the file to save it, getting an error "unrecognized document format"

is there a solution for this, or, at worst, an explanation? it's odd to think that a file that came from the phone can't be handled by the phone.....

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    First, make sure you have the BlackBerry Attachment Service installed. Go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications. It should be listed there.

However, most times there's a problem like this, the problem is in the back end. For example, my wife can't open an MP3 or WAV attachment through her company (BES) email address, but can through her blackberry.net address.

If the problem is through your blackberry.net email address, contact your provider. If it's through a BES account, contact your IT department (their BES server is woefully out of date!). If it's through another BIS setup, try deleting the email service books - emailaddress@service.com[CMIME] and emailaddress@service.com[CICAL] - and resend them. Your BIS email addresses should work if your blackberry.net email address works. I have Yahoo (Mail Plus) and Gmail set up on BIS and they both handle it fine.
    JerryD

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    I had the same problems yesterday with my xertones but what able to access the MP3 file through dbringers. I will check the applications also.

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    it's a regular pop3 account as well as my pinstack.com account, the apps are all there too.....it's rather annoying.....

btw, on BIS not BES, so IT isn't the deal, and neither is a restriction on the email account because I've tried it on multiple accounts in which I'm the administrator for the accounts. the file shows up fine and works fine if I check it on the PC, but not on the curve......