Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I got my Alltel 8330 today and I love it. I can't believe I'm saying ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Advertisement

I got my Alltel 8330 today and I love it. I can't believe I'm saying this but.....I'm even kinda diggin' the Alltel Theme that comes on it.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am totally jealous of those with the 8330........I spent part of my Mother's Day torturing myself at the Alltel store playing with the new Curve. I want one sooooo bad!. The soonest I could get one would be around October....but that would mean buying the Curve when my son's contract is up, and trading with him, me keeping the Curve, and giving him my 8130 Pearl........which means another $20 per month added to the phone bill, two data plans....ugh....but I want it bad!!!!!

Plus, he'll be getting his driving permit around then.......I don't even want to think about what that will do to my insurance bill........the Curve is seeming further and further away by the minute........I may just have to go to the Alltel store every week and just play with it........just spend hours looking a a full qwerty and over 40mb of file free........::sigh::

I'm just drooling with jealousy of you all
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    show us pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    My 8330 is running 4.3.0.124. I have included pictures with a side by side comparison to the 8830 World Edition. If you have any additional questions, just let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

lukenova no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319fd0b7
    I've had the curve since Sunday afternoon, and I have to say I love it! It is my first blackberry and I love the way the blackberry internet service works.

gotthecurve no está en línea Stack level 1

TellMe 8330

Quote Originally Posted by JR_Rider View Post
    Check out my initial post. I think that answers your question about the GPS. I have Tellme, Microsoft Live Search, and Google Maps all using the GPS with no problems..
    How did you get TellMe on your 8330? I went to the site and it said that it is not available for my device.

Prior to purchasing the 8330 I had an 8830, which was also through Alltel. The Tellme application works with the 8830 so I just used BB Manager to switch devices and all my software moved over. Download the file on a computer for an 8830 and load into onto your Blackberry via DM Manager.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Prior to purchasing the 8330 I had an 8830, which was also through Alltel. The Tellme application works with the 8830 so I just used BB Manager to switch devices and all my software moved over. Download the file on a computer for an 8830 and load into onto your Blackberry via DM Manager.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Do you know how I can get the file onto my computer? Would you be able to send it to me?

Here is a link to the download.....http://www.tellme.com/you/get
    Try downloading it that way and then use DM to load it. I won't be able to send it to you until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here is a link to the download.....http://www.tellme.com/you/get
    Try downloading it that way and then use DM to load it. I won't be able to send it to you until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tried that link earlier, unfortunately there is no file to download from the site. I also tried to have them text me the link, but for some reason I haven't received any texts from them. I can definitely wait until tomorrow or whenever is most convenient for you.
    Last edited by gotthecurve; 05-14-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Nevermind. I did a little Googling and I found the 8830 jad file. It's working beautifully. Thanks!

tarusdg no está en línea Stack level 1
    Gotthecurve. can you send me a copy of the download or a link where i can get it. i cant find it anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by tarusdg View Post
    Gotthecurve. can you send me a copy of the download or a link where i can get it. i cant find it anywhere
    Here is the link of the 8830 download file:
    http://m.tellme.com/dist/1.69.5/TmBlackBerry-8830-Phonetop-1.69.5.jad

It is an OTA download, so just go to that site from your BB. I installed and am using this on my Sprint Curve 8330, and I would assume it should work the same on other GPS capable 8330s. Enjoy.

dbly1850 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300951A6

Thumbs down Does OS 4.5 steal have 8830's memory?

I was shocked to see the total memory at 44, instead of 96, as listed for a 8830.. I was wondering if the up grade to the new 4.5 OS is the culprit?
    Pin me at 300951A6

dbly1850 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300951A6
    The 8330 certainly does have 96MB of internal memory. .
    Ok, I checked the basic OS is 17 megs with another 2-3 megs for the browser so say 20 megs off 96 should leave 76 megs for apps, still the totals don't add up and I am wondering if when I upgraded to 4.5 os, it kept the old and thus there is 2 OS's on this unit?

Any thoughts, why the total under appls shows 46 free (add the OS times 2 and its pretty close to factory 96 megs)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast