Weird issue here: got the 8900 on Monday when it came out, but having a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Alarm using wrong ringtone

Advertisement

Weird issue here: got the 8900 on Monday when it came out, but having a weird issue: when I set the alarm, I use the default Antelope ringtone because its annoying. But when my alarm went off this morning, it uses some other one everytime, never the one that I chose.

Any ideas why? It still wakes me up, but I want the tone that I chose.

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had this problem with my 8320 after i upgraded the software. Do you have your firewall enabled or disabled? If not enable it. Do you have a SD card in your BB? You don't need to have one it just made it easier for me. Because all of the preloaded ringtones are on the BB. I stored the song that i wanted to 'wake up' to on the SD card, then just went into My Alarm and chose tone instead of beep and found the song that i loaded onto the card and it worked. After you have selected that song, in My Alarm it the menu key and select play beep. If you have the firewall enabled it will ask you persmission to acces the file, just say yes. Keep in mind everytime that you time you reset your phone, you will have to go back and do the "play beep" because the firewill is enabled and after you rest the phone it won't play unless you do that. It will try to play but it will say My Alarm is trying to access files do you want to allow this?
    Hope this helps, i know the My Alarm App very well haha, just let me know if you need more help

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Thanks for the info. I'll try this tonite and hope it works for me. From what you're describing there, definitely sounds like you have experienced it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Let me know if you need more help! I just read my post again i should have number the steps! Oh well just let me know

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Sweet. Its working now! Thanks for your help. All I had to do was enable the firewall and it worked. Weird. But none of those additional steps are even options on the new 8900/4.6.1.94 software. Odd.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~