Hi Guys, I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for... Even with the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

makingwaves no está en línea Stack level 1

Alarm question...

Advertisement

Hi Guys, I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for...

Even with the profile set to 'off' my alarm still goes off, is there anyway to customize to change that? I dont know much about custom profiles so i need a little assistance!

thanks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    'Waves, I think you need to find the alarm setting, not the profile, and turn it off there. What device do you have?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

graciliano no está en línea Stack level 2
    The alarm setting has nothing to do with the profile (at least with OS 4.5) (and it will also wake up the phone and ring when the phone turned off!) You have to turn it off independently (though the clock application, when it that applies). If you want a reminder that is controled through the profile you may try a calendar reminder (and they will not wake up your phone when it is turned off).

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by graciliano View Post
    The alarm setting has nothing to do with the profile (at least with OS 4.5) (and it will also wake up the phone and ring when the phone turned off!) You have to turn it off independently (though the clock application, when it that applies). If you want a reminder that is controled through the profile you may try a calendar reminder (and they will not wake up your phone when it is turned off).
    True, calendar reminders are controlled through the profile setting. However, please note they WILL wake up the device if it's turned off.

graciliano no está en línea Stack level 2
    Scottjb: Calendar reminders do not turn my device on after I turn it off manually. However they will turn it on if it was a scheduled off period (auto on/off). Otherwise the reminder will await for me to turn the phone on. They show up immediately when I turn the phone on if they where due while it was off.
    BlackBerry8120/4.5.0.124 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Last edited by graciliano; 09-06-2009 at 06:19 AM.