Ok -- I've been playing around with multiple programs tonight. I already had the OZ ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vindicatedx2x no está en línea Stack level 2

AIM to TEXTING PROBLEMS!

Advertisement

Ok -- I've been playing around with multiple programs tonight.

I already had the OZ instant messaging on my phone, but i wanted to try other things as it was slow.

So, I got the yahoo texting thing, where you can just set your messaging to go to your phone through texts, and I got Ramble. Therefore, I deleted OZ messaging. Well, then I found out ramble was through data, and I don't have data, so in an attempt to not screw myself over monetary wise, I deleted Ramble. During this time I have also been playing with themes and such, but I really don't think that affected this problem...

However, now whenever I sign onto aim via Trillian on my computer, I get a message from my computer saying I'm signed on in another area, AND 2 text messages to my phone that says:

Message body:
    WVCI 1.1 1234567

HELP?!!!!

Re: AIM to TEXTING PROBLEMS!

Ok I think I may have solved the problem. When I logged onto trillian I hit 1 to log me out of the other locations. I got 2 more text messages, and then reconnected on trillian to see if it would happen again and it hasn't thus far. What do you guys think happened? It wouldn't still be trying to text my phone would it?

And is there a free AIM service through texting like cingular/at&t uses besides that OZ stuff? (its crap!) Jivetalk is good I hear but don't have the money right now (booo college).

adriii no está en línea Stack level 2

Why don't you just go to aim.com and set up mobile im so your im's go straight to your phone as texts? All you have to do is put in your phone number. That's what I do and I get charged for texts not internet. And I did it on the aim website so I didn't even have to download a program into my blackberry. The only problem would be that you wouldn't be able to im anyone- everyone would just im you and you would respond back.

Thanks! I set it up and I believe it's working. I appreciate that!